tire & lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tire & lift

I went to a tire dealer and they said a 31 would fit on my 95 s10 blazer 4 door but it may rub a little on the back roads. My question is if I put a 2 or 3 inch bodey lift, will 31-10.5-15 or 31-12.5-15 fit. my other question is has anyone made a bodey lift, if so what all will I need to make and do you have the dementions( I have the metal and machines for it)thanks in advance!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tire & lift

With stock rims and a 3" body lift you will be fine. On the body lift just buy one it is only about 100 and it would be much safer.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:38 PM

I only have a 2 inch lift and my 31x10.5 R15 BFG's fit fine. Go with a kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 02:11 PM
s104x498

Hey man I have a 1998 s-10 4x4 4.3L which is almost the same as yours, and I have no lift at all and my 31x10.50 all-terrain T/A's fit fine with no rubbing even at full turn.I just cranked the torsion bars up about 7 turns.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 02:16 PM
s104x498

Besides if you are going to get a lift DO NOT go with any of those bull**** 2 or 3 inch kits, for almost the same price maybe a couple bucks more you can get the Trailmaster 5' lift and run some 33's. You will thank yourself later when you see the results!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i completely agree...dont waste time on the 3" lift, you will only be satisfied with that for a few weeks before you want to go bigger. if you can do the 5" and stick the 33"ers on now.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the only problem with the 5 inch lift is that it is probably the suspension lift which will run you close to $3000 after installation and new rims(to fit the 33's). The 2-3 inch body lift should do just fine though.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 01:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thing is, the problem with the TM lift is you don't gain much clearance at the diff, because it has to be lowered. Travel gain is next to nil. And the Upper Control Arms on the TM lift need to be cut out for shock clearance. Not a good thing, because it weakens them. Lots of guys have reinforced it, but welding makes metal brittle. Stick with a 2" Superlift and run 31's, you'll gain an extra inch of travel, or save your coin and go SFA if you want huge lift and fat tires.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 05:45 PM

hi, me nd my bro are reworking his old jimmy, and we were thinking of putting a small lift on it.
When you said the uper control arm has to be cut out for shock clearance, could you be a little more specific? What part/how much of it has to be removed? And, of course, i dont suppose you might have a pic of it?

thanks!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

on the TM UCA there's a notch that has to be ground out of it for shock clearance. I've never installed the kit myself, nor do I plan to. Some of the guys who run TM lifts around here might have something, but I don't. I'm still rolling box-stock. Gonna be T-bar cranking and shack lifting this winter unless Santa brings me a Superlift in that hopped up snowmobile of his. Once the Grizzmobile is paid for, then I go and get me a set of axles and do the SFA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode