Code 32 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Code 32

Anyone out there in 4X4 land have an Idea on this? Benn having this problem on my "86" S-10 Tahoe. It has a 2.8 and keeps comming up with code32 Is there some way to figure this thing out? Someone online said to permanently close the EGR but doesn`t the EGR regulate the timing? And if this can be done,How do you do it? any input on this is better than none.I don`t want to give up and send her to a mechanic as of yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 01:53 PM

Re: Code 32

Ask Yourself this Q?
When was the last time you replaced your Muffler?
If you have to stop and think bout the answer for anylonger then it takes to read this It probably needs replaced and is plugged
I had a 90 Cavelier that kept giving me the same code I replaced the muffler and reset the Computer and the code never returned till it plugged up the new one cause the car was ran so long with the first bad one after I replaced it the second time Never had the code or problems again
another way to tell is knock on the muffler if it don't sound like a hollow tin can and more like pounding on dirt then replace it and if it still has the stock welded muffler on there definatly replace it regardless
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:14 PM

Re: Code 32

o nthe older versions of the eGR valve they canbe "cleaqned" basically just take it off and blow out tghe carbon and junk thats fouling it up...toss it abck on and you're set. works for many people...never OBDII compatible EGR valves are a bit more sensative and i think its unwise and frowned upon to remedy the problem i nthe aformentioned manner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode