Lift kit?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 11:11 PM
s104x498

Lift kit??

can anyone tell me what I would need to do to my 98 s-10 4x4 to clear 33x12.50's?suggestions on brand of lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lift kit??

It cost $2200.00 Can Funds and you can buy in the U.S. for the same. as for lifting the truck to those tires eeehehee...I'm looking into a small lift and have found the S-10 to be very short on extra stuff to add on...one of my three Mech. told me for the best of both worlds with out the tire's, an air bag over the spring has been mentioned oncw by a mechanic and varified by a Ford and a Toyota driver...one of which has a traier and other a camper on it. I've look at body lift My #1 said yah but you have ...list... vs a suspension lift...were does it end (Trail Master has a body lift of 3" but does not recommend any other lift at the same time <body roll> build your 3" lift yourself with 3" sq. tubeing If you have any other results I'm lookinfg for a two inch lift inthe rear for my lake boat. thanks, Willi
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

go to www.truckaddons.com look under suspension then fill in the rest but superlift is the only one for s-10. ive seen the trailmaster 5" lift. with a 2" body that cleared 33" with little trimming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had to run a Rancho 3", 2" body and SAW torsion bars cranked up 2".. Then I trimmed the fat on the front fenders and it works well.. Next set of tires im gong with are 33x10.5.. The 12.5 wide do look really good and perform awsome but im mostly on the road with this thing now.. The narower tire will help when hitting the curb and not scraping tire..[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well depends on how much money you got.. And your mechanically inclinded.. You could go SFA(solid front axle) yea its some work and tinkering.. I hear if u go spring under front you can gain 5" or spring over to 8" and If you really wanted to you could play around with spring sets up and get anywhere from 5-8 how ever u wanted to go.. I have not done it yet but try going to www.s10extremist.org and check out there BBS and the Susp. Swap forum and you can find all the info you need.. I would do it before i did TM.. I mean its cheaper.. more lift.. and SFA is a hole lot better then IFS.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If i could do it all over again I would have a solid axle under there with coilover King shocks, disk brakes all around running 35's and still have 2K in my pocket..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea.. i would go SFA But soon I am going to have to Buy a new engine B/C I have 197,000 mile invested in mine.. But Oh well.. So I figure drive this a little longer.. then get a car.. then Buy Jeep YJ and Make it a Rock Crawler/trail truck.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no... don't get a heep....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No heep?? whhy not.. hehe. There not soo bad.. and i would rather trash a Heep in the woods then a Chevy! or GMC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode