Lubrication Specs... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 12:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lubrication Specs...

OK here's my scoop I had this truck running like crud and the analyzer pulled up a bad multiple cylinder miss, anyway my cap and rotor were WAY corroded. These parts weren't that old I was highly impressed, in the negative manner of course.
On to my main question though, I am doing a complete tune-up this weekend. I do a lot of towing and plan on replacing the manual transmission oil also. I have been told by a GM Service Personell that the Syncromesh Manual Trans. oil is nothing more then Mobil Full Synthetic 5W30 Engine oil. Does anyone have this same knowledge? I am quite interested in this especially because the dealer sells this Syncromesh for $12.00/Qt. YIKES!! Well thanks for your help... Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 12:25 PM

Re: Lubrication Specs...

I don't know for sure. But if only ONE person tells you this, I would stick with the synchromesh stuff.

Now if it heard it from like five to ten people... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i heard if you run regular engine oil in your tranny the plastic parts dont get lubed good enough. i love my truck so i would rather spend the extra cash. but i might be wrong so i would go to a trany shop and ask them what they think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will ask around a little more and see if I get the same response from another rep., also might be a good idea to do just that check with a tranny shop. Well thanks for your thoughts... Wayne
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 06:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the way i remember, is that on my 85 blazer manual trans, the fluid was regular automatic trans fluid. i sure thot that was thin stuff for a man trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode