The ULTIMATE custom rear bumper FOR SALE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 06:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ULTIMATE custom rear bumper FOR SALE

Three years ago, I decided I wanted a different bumper for my truck. I wanted something that looked good, was different than anybody elses, was very strong and functional, provided good protection off road, and would hold up to just about anything. This is what I came up with. I designed and built it all myself. It is made from 2" pipe, schedule 40. All the ends of the pipe have caps welded on and sanded smooth so you can't tell it was welded. Connecting the pipes is 3/8" flat stock. It mounts to the frame by two large pieces of 1/4" thick angle iron with 3 bolt holes on each side that bolt to the stock bumper brackets (with a little modification). It weighs in the neighborhood of 50 pounds. I really took my time when I welded this together and made sure everything is straight and lined up. This bumper is nothing less than perfect from the way I intended on building it.

Even though I liked it on my old truck, I like the way my ZR2 looks now and I don't plan on taking it off road anyway, so I am going to put this for sale. I know there are a lot of people on this site that go offroad and could actually use this bumper for the purpose it was built for. I was thinking about putting it on Ebay, but I thought I would give the guys here a chance at it first. I guarantee with this thing if you back into a tree / stump or want to put a chain around it to tow somebody out, it isn't going to give. If anybody is interested, shoot me an email and we can discuss price and shipping.

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode