TM suspension lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 11:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

TM suspension lift

Is the TM 5" suspension lift any good. I have a 95 2 door blazer 4x4 non ZR2 I want to put 33's under it. If i went with the 5" TM should i also use the superlift a arms or is the TM lift good enough by its self. or if I went to a SFA what type axle shouold I look for to go up front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TM suspension lift

If your willing to spend the money and want ultimate performance I say go SFA.. If not try and find a Rancho 3" kit and go with SAW t-bars and a 2" body and it will clear 33x12.5's.. I dont think the TM kit will clear 33's by itself either.. Only the superlifts tbar indexers are what you will use out of the kit and not the arms.. Not worth it..

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 08:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If i go SFA which is the best way to go leaf spring, is that the only way to go. Will the leaf spring holders have to be totally fabricated from scratch. I have been doing a little checking correct me if I am wrong but would a good choice for front be a Dana 30 from a YJ. Welding and fabricating not a problem, just which parts I need is the problem.thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 30s will fit real nice, and you WILL need wheel adapters too. They'll widen the front end track a little too, to bring it close to stock width. People say the 30's are crap, but I have faith in 'em. I was gonna use a Wagoneer D44, but it was way too big to fit it. so plan A of running a30 and my 10 bolt are back on. Stagewest still offers SFA conversion parts for the S-series, but you have to call direct. Check the archives on the board for that. Fabritech is going to be offering a 4 link coil setup done XJ style, but it's not cheap. You'll be looking at around 2400 bucks US for the kit, but it's almost a straight up bolt in. YOu will have to supply the axle.

Or ask around at www.s10-4x4.org (i think that URL is the right one)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 03:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think i am going SFA. i found a D30 in a 86 cherokee with 4.10 gears for $200 bucks. anybody know if that is a good price, is that even a good axle for the swap.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ain't bad... I was gonna get one from a YJ with 4.10s, but I wasn't gonna pay $500 Canadian. If I can find one in a boneyard, I'mma get it because the yards are cheap.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

is it possible to just strip that of the coil springs and weld leaf spring perches on that and use that axle with a leaf spring set up?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

why go with leafs when you can go with coils? Coils flex better. I'm using leafs because I have extra S10 packs in the garage already, so it's cheaper for me. but yeah, I suppose you can hack off the perches on the cherokee axle and weld on new ones.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 09:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what is all involved in doing a swap like this??? I have a 95 4door blazer 4x4 and was wanting to go the same rout with a solid axle. what do I need to buy???? Thanks for your help in advance.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 04:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lots of grunt work, lots of measuring, some welgding, drilling, grinding... It's not a task to be undertaken by the inexperienced or the faint of heart. What I lack in experience I make up for in cojones, and being backed up by people with experience. oh, it's gonna take lots of $$$$ too. Gotta buy the axle, the springs, the steel needed to fab crossmemembers & brackets, need a custom front droveshaft, etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode