Spring Over - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Spring Over

Well, when I do my SFA conversion, I'll be doing a spring over in the rear. Only thing I want to know is if I'm gonna need an extended driveshaft, or will my factory one be long enough and not be at extreme deflection at full droop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Spring Over

If you run the stock rear springs in a spring over you can probably get away with running the stock shaft, depends on how well the rear flex's, I have my rear spring over, with a AAL, and revolvers, and I only had to extend mine about an inch and 3/4 , the slip yoke on the factory rear d shaft is fairly long, that is why SYE is "virtually" unnessacary on our trucks (that and the drive shaft is long enough that it doesnt bind quick like jeeps do) I can tell you that after you do your rear, it will still drive with the stocker, get it flexed afterwards and see.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SYE? what the hell is that?

I'll be ramping it shortly after the Springover and SFA conversion are done, just to see how much flex I get. I'm a little worried about axle wrap, so I'm fabbing up a set of traction bars for the rear end, with quick releases if i need the extra flex off road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 09:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SYE= slip yoke eliminator, that thingy on the driveshaft that slides in and out of your transfer case, makes funny suction noises if you do it fast enough, pee's tran fluid on your head if you pull it all the way out, SYE gets rid of all that fun stuff
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool beans.

one more thing, I hear everyone talking about revolver shackles, what's so great about 'em? I've yet to actually see one close up, or see how it works.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

They are a cheap way to get alot of droop, they are only as effective as the leaf springs you run, your shocks will allow, and all the other things that can hinder droop (brakelines,driveshaft,) I think they got a bad rep from the gate cause people expected them to be bolt on magic, and really they arent. I like em, I havent had a single problem with mine, on or off-road, and my dad after seeing the amount of droop I got outta them, put them on his rig front and rear, so I guess like most mods they are a matter of personal preference, some people suffer axle wrap alot, and other side effects, like I said it plays into your leaf springs alot as to how affective they are, or are not. But yes, I would buy them again for my application and the way my rig is set up, they are kick a$$ !!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode