SFA D30 engagement questions?! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SFA D30 engagement questions?!

I havent been on this board in a long time, so I will refresh ya on my rig its an 89 s blazer, with SOA/SFA/4.11/frt&rear EZ lockers/33's and such, anyway, I have been using a bolt threaded through the axle engage dog house since my SFA, I have seen a write up on using like a choke cable and building a sort of cable actuated engagement, with out buyin the expensive cable lock kit , anyone here done this, seen the write up or have info, please help a brutha out!!! (can we post pics here?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SFA D30 engagement questions?!

yes, please give the man info, because I don't wanna hafta ask this again in a couple weeks. I need info too [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well since no one wanted to anty up, I went and got some beer and tore mine apart last night, I took a Mooney aircraft control cable (very cool, locks in place through out its movement range has a big red button on the middle of knob) and used it to actuate my little plunger fork and rod thing. I took off the whole doghouse and carefully uncrimped the thing that covers the diaphram then I drilled a hole through the diaphrams plates and the outter housing of the diaphram housing, put my cable through, put nuts on both sides of the diaphram plates and now I have a FREE cable lock system to actuate my front diff engagement. Beer is good, Dont try to buy an A/C cable cause they are expensive as all get out, I sell aviation parts and this particular cable was headed for the trash when I rescued it about 2yrs ago, I knew I needed it for something [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Arright, do you have pics? and another one of those cables kicking around that you could stuff into an envelope and snail mail up here?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 01:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

to answer your questions, no and no. I dont have either. I dont think I am goin to keep this cable either, its kinda long at the bottom and I dont like it, so I dont know yet if I wanna keep it on or not, depends on if I stay with a D30 front for long or not, I just gotta wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode