Lifting 1998 S-10 4wd - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 02:41 PM
s104x498

Lifting 1998 S-10 4wd

First thing, is a 5 inch lift the biggest anyone makes for a late model S-10?? They reccomend 32x12.50, but I want to run 33x12.50's, will it work. What kind of off-set should I get on the rims? Has anyone tried to put this kind of lift on a late model s-10 or blazer? Can it be done in a garage with floor jacks? Also, I have 3.42 gears now, say I got 32's or 33's would I have to get new gears?? How about a 2 or 3 inch body lift, how hard is it to install?? If anyone has any answers to these qustions or any suggestions on where the best place to get the parts it would be very helpful. Thanks Also heres a pic of my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 10:14 AM

Re: Lifting 1998 S-10 4wd

Hey,

The pic came up "not found" or ORC servers. Try to repost if you'd like.

My '98 has a 2" body lift on it. I didn't do the work, but from another body lift installation it's not that hard. The only things to keep in mind are the lower fan shroud, attached wires and cables from body to frame, the shifter (especially if an automatic tranny) and the steering column if necessary.

As far as lift kits. I haven't really seen the 5+ inch kits. The only one I know if that I want is the SuperLift kit which is 2-3" and comes with upper a-arms and actually provides a little more travel. My lift path is going to be extremely expensive but it's what I want to do! I plan on the SuperLift, some King-style reservoir shocks and National Springs.

As far as doing it yourself it all depends on if the lift requires you to cut anything off the frame and relocate it. At any rate most kits require you to disassemble the front axle and put in a drop bracket, then crank up the torsion bars.

As far as the gears go, I too have the 3.42's, and they are pretty strong even with 31" Mud Terrains on it. I plan on getting probably 4.10's or 4.56's, depending on further research into it (I haven't started on that one yet). Of course this is assuming you have the 4.3 v6 too.

Tires -- I'm running 31's and they were rubbing. I ended up installing fiberglass fenders to get the extra room and to cover up the tires. The rims I got were the basic Outlaw II style Boyd's from Discount/America's Tire and they work great for what they have to do. Offset will depend on the actual tire size I think. At any rate you will probably need to cut the fenders a little bit to get the extra clearance.

For getting the best place, no idea. I don't know where you are in the world but you can probably find something through Summit Racing, Off-Road Warehouse, etc.

HTH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode