Solid-Axle Conversion - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:01 AM
OhioOffRoad

Solid-Axle Conversion

Does any one know of a solid-axle conversion kit. I read that stage west 4x4 has a kit that uses a jeep cherokee front axle, but I can't seem to find anything out about it. Any info on that kit or any other kits or even a home made kit would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Solid-Axle Conversion

There is a company called Fabritech (i think) that has been developing one for what seems like forever. They have released some info on it though. It will use a coil sprun dana 30 from a Jeep Cherokee Sport and will cost $1,900 - $2,300. Thats without an axle, so another $350 for the axle and then the money to rebuild it. I did a solid axle conversion and so far it has cost me about $1,425. Which is way under Their cost for just the kit. I still have to get a front driveshaft which they don't provide and get a posi-lok to engage the front hubs which they also don't provide. Also I bought some nice shiny rims that I probably paid too much for.

axle - 350
2 rotors - 60
2 calipers - 30
front hanger - 80
shackles - 90
springs - 320 new, could have gotten junk yard springs for much cheaper
spring plates - 45 bought cool skid plate ones so that the ubolts don't get caught on anything
shocks - 80
rims - 180
welding - 40
misc hardware - 50
pitman arm - free - local 4x4 shop had tons of stock yj arms
steering parts -100
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 10:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You went with a leaf setup, a-la Stagewest, right?
A guy in my 4-wheeling club said a 3 link coil setup would give me awesome flex, and could fab something up. I heard that 4 link is more stable, but requires some more fab work. Which should I go with? Or should I just sit tight and then wait for the Fabritech kit to come out, spend close to 3 grand canadain for it, and go from there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, it's official. I'm going SFA this winter. I just acquired a Dana 30 and some springs for $300 Canadian. Gonna go Stagewest style. I'll save the coils for my next S-truck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode