Knocking Noise from Engine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Knocking Noise from Engine

I have a Knocking noise coming from the Engine when I first start the engine and when your hard or the gas or at the top of the revolution of a gear. I have checked the Flex plate and have check the to see if it was a lifter or a rocker cause I have removed the Valve Covers. Also I have alot of Oil presure since it is splattering oil away about 1 foot away so I know it is not that. Anyone got a Clue what else it can be? I am going to check the timing next after I put it back together. please writing back or email me direct with replys to [email protected] thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:14 PM

Re: Knocking Noise from Engine

Hi,

Have you tried different brands and/or octane gas? Any change by doing that?

There is a knock sensor that's supposed to help cut things down, and might need replacing, but I would check the different gas first. Do a full tank of premium to see if that helps...

Your profile doesn't mention what type of vehicle you have, what engine and what year.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Knocking Noise from Engine

You sure it's not a spun bearing?
I had that same problem with the 2.8 I had in my '83.
It only knocked at startup and at the top of the rev, just before upshifting. When it happened to me, it was the #3 piston bearing. too $ive for someone who was broke as I was to fix, so I junked the engine, dropped in a second-hand 2.8 I got from someone for $175 bucks, and drove it for a few months until it blew up too [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode