take body lift out? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

take body lift out?

Here's the deal, right now I have a two inch body lift on my 97 blazer. I'm starting to off-road more and have found that it's too low for most practical use. I found a 2 inch lift by superlift:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2....UP&cat=SUS
I was wondering if it would be worth it? Could I take my body lift out and just use the 2 inch suspension and still have my 31x10.5's fit??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:11 PM

Re: take body lift out?

From what I understand the Superlift kit is different than other kits. The SL kit does not provide a drop bracket for the front differential, and actually provides the lift and GAINS wheel travel, although not much.

Personally I would keep the body lift on there and then put on the suspension lift. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything by it.

My '98 has a 2" body lift and I also plan on adding the Superlift kit, although I'm planning on different shocks and custom rear springs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes, but will it work on Non-ZR2 S-trucks like my '88?

I heard from a fellow Canucklehead S-truck driver about a 4" and 6" lift kit by an outfit called RCD... anyone know of this? it's supposed to be 100X better than the Trailmaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 07:00 AM

The Superlift kits are designed for the non-ZR2 trucks, just like mine also.

Check out the application guide on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.superlift.com>www.superlift.com</a> for a specific kit number to your vehicle. If you don't find it you can e-mail them to see what would fit!

As far as RCD, never heard of them so no opinion. If you could find some information for me about them and post it here I (and others, I'm sure) would greatly appreciate it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 08:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've only managed to hear about RCD in passing... that's why I was asking around here. I checked google for some hits, and got jack.
I checked Superlift out, and it looks like they only offer 2" of front lift and an inch in the back (unless you get the optional shackles I think)
It's close to my magic number of 3" but the more the merrier :P
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 10:04 PM

I think they are Race Car Dynamics or something like that. I did a Google search too and came up with <a target="_blank" href=http://www.racecardynamics.com>www.racecardynamics.com</a>.

Of course, they don't even make an S-series kit. They are full size Chevy and Ford only.

Well, hell. At least they don't have Dodge kits...

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Alright, so the lift uses a different top arm but still uses the stock torsion bars. Whats good will this do if the t bar is the same? Wouldn't it be about the same as a t bar crank?? Maybe less rough? Are the rear add a springs going to stiff up the ride quite a bit, i mean it's already rough, just wondering how bad?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

oh yeah, will it get more top heavy and what can i do to combat this? Would rear wheel spacers help just to even things out?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 12:56 PM

OK, to hopefully answer your first Q's and this:

It will come with a longer upper a-arm to give more travel. From what I have seen it also come with CV boots that are supposed to handle the angles better, so maybe that's the deciding factor.

You're right about the T-bar cranking, but this is no different from any other lift kit. Most other lift kits come with a bracket that will lower the front differential to keep the driveline angles almost stock. You get your lift through cranking torsion bars on this as well, and the bigger tires you put on it. You actually don't gain much clearance from the undercarriage.

Don't know what the rear springs would do. To be honest I don't plan on using them, but using some cu$tom Nationals or Deavers. It will probably stiffen up the ride a bit.

Any time you change the height of the vehicle or put more weight on it you will experience a shift in the center of gravity. You will just need to get used to it, that's all... this happens with every lifted truck. I'm not so sure that 2" will make or break you in tight turns.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode