Please write at least a small message here, if you own one of these trucks. I want to see how many there are! (continued) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Please write at least a small message here, if you own one of these trucks. I want to see how many there are! (continued)

The original post by this name has became so long that it is taking forever for me to open, so I figured I'd start a new one... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2000, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Please write at least a small message here, if you own one of these trucks. I want to see how many there are! (continued)

I've got a '91 S10 Blazer 4.3 Sport all stock. Because of the stupid norwegian tax-laws it's a two seater. Removal of the back seat
makes it an affordable 4x4 here in Norway. It's my wife who use it mostly, but I tend to prefer it when towing instead of our other
car, a Samurai. Have had for two years now but I'm selling it as we need the back-seat now that we're having a baby.
Problems: Lock-up solenoid in tranny, and the %&@ing vacuum switch on the transfer case. How does it come out of there??
also smashed the rear side window when my cargo tilted inside VERY expencive, thank god for insurance.
It's a great car on icy and snowy roads and, a great hauler. Had about 2-3 tons (metric) of firewood on a trailer through
pretty rough terrain once.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2000, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Please write at least a small message here, if you own one of these trucks. I want to see how many there are! (continued)

Hey guys, some of you know me and some of you don't so here is my chance to share what I have with those I don't know.

First of all: 94 S-10 2wd Ext. Cab (2.2 liter 4cyl-5 spd)

New modifications:
Front End: Camburg Engineering Custom Long Travel Arms (14" of travel-4.5" of lift) Bilstein Semi-Race Fiberglass Front Fenders
Rear End: (7" of travel-4' of lift) Rear Add-a-leaf (stiffened the rear end) with Bilstein Semi-Race, shaved rear fenders.
Tires and Rims: 33" 12.50" BFG AT KO's (Baja Cut) on Outlaw 2 Rims 15"x7"
Engine Modifications: Volant Cold Air Intake, MSD Super Conductor 8.5mm wires, SplitFire Plugs.

Thats my baby, taken it to the local dunes and mashed it for days. It can go anywhere all the 4x4's go and I raced a bunch of them up the monster dune "New Competition Hill" and beat almost all of them. It is great fun, and even though it has the four banger it still has better traction that the larger motors, which i found spin the tires alot more than the little engines.

Future Mods:
1 Rear Bilsteins Full Race Shocks w/ Resevoirs. Cut through the bed to an external shock hoop and spare tire mount. 2 Front and Rear custom Tubular Bumpers w/ skidplate.

Fun for all things, great in the sand, but it's also my daily driver. It's a blast to have around, and the chicks dig it! For me it's not about show, it's all about go. I got really lucky and found out you could make a nice looking truck sick as hell.

Thats all for now, Catch ya guys later and...

...Happy PreRunning

<< Snoman13 >>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 85 S-10 Blazer with the weakest 2.8 in history

"85 S-10 Blazer 31/1150 3 inch lift cut fenders
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an 89 S-10 4x4 355 T.B.I, stock suspension, stock tires(for now) and a
89 Blazer 4x4 4.3, auto, Tahoe, both with just over 160K miles, both rust
free.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 03:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Used to have an 89 Jimmy, loved it, had almost 200,000 mi on it, got rid of it and got a 91 4dr, a work in progress. Still mostly stock,
but am getting my rocker panels line-x'd in a couple weeks, and swapping tires, I hope to have pictures posted when this gets done.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2000, 12:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just added another one to my collection, an '89 Baja longbed. Its got the 4.3,
5 speed, tubular bumpers, bucket seats, rollbar, factory off-road lights, white
with red interior, and it was cheap! I think the white ones are pretty rare.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 12:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I own a 95 s-10 truck, although it's stock right now, I just brought it not to long ago, I'm looking for lifts for it. I'm running 30X9.50R15 on it with a V4.3 under the hood with a K&N air filter.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 03:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well my 98 2wd sonoma got sold...and now I am in a 00 2 door 4wd blazer

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 93 Blazer 4x4 with a 4.3l. Great truck, but the rear main seal is blown. Just bought it, looking for a lift and maybe a v8 swap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode