85 s-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

85 s-10

Hello, I am new to the s-10 board. I have a chevy fullsize z71. A friend of mine is selling his 85 s-10 ext. cab. 4x4 for 1000. It has a modified 2.8 v6, 5 speed, detriot's front and rear, 4.11 gears. It seems fairly nice, no major body problems but obvisously doesn't look showroom new. I was thinking of getting it as a toy in addition to my z71. He is selling it for $1000(this is why i want it so much). My dad has a 4.3 91 s-10 ext. cab which i like very much. How would this be to my dads and also would it be a dependaple truck? that would do good off-road and maybe criusing around town(better gas mileage than my 350!). Any addition info on this year model, motor, etc.. would be great.
Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 12:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 85 s-10

The S series of trucks rule the planet. Look around they are every where. Lighter truck, same motor, same bed, more power less weight. BUY IT!

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, i drove it today, it took a while to crank but it had been sitting for a long time. After it started, it smoked a little, he said it was running rich and needed a little adjustment, and also it was worse than usually due to the long period of time sitting. It ran good, not sure what all modifications it had but i am thinking that it would give my z71 a good run. In the dirt from a complete stop it would light up the tires if the clutch was poped. The interior was a little beat and, it needs tires, but it seems like it would be fun. I think a friend and i are going to split it. Any ideas on a semi-cheap way to lift it, want to run my 33 in. swampers. or 32's i don't really know, any recomendations would be nice
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cheaply for a beater truck, 2" body lift , big hammer and a Sawzall/jig saw.
Have fun, Later

HAWG WILD
<font color=purple> I USE TO BE SCHIZOPHRENIC, BUT NOW WE ARE FINE </font color=purple> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

why not a 3 in. body lift? it is ifs so most all kits are out of the question right. they would cost more than the truck? Also about it having a lot of power, when is said it was spinning them really good, IT WAS IN THIRD GEAR. (gotta love 4.11 gears and 245's,) It also really does have a locker in the rear anyways, posi's anytime you spin em

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 04:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

theres notheing wrong with a 3", personaly I thing it lets to much frame hang out.
Also the higher you go with the body the more problems(read:$$$)you run into
extending the shifters, brake lines, steering shaft, gas filler hose, etc....
If it is to be a beater for the woods go quick and dirty. There is a guy down
here with the old style Cherokee Chief that put wider axles under it no lift
and 44"(I think) the tires are HUGE and then he took a Sawzall and removed
any offending sheetmetal. It is a truly an impressive beast and the blue hairs
don't think twice about getting out of his way. All he does with it is beat it in
the mud.
Later

HAWG WILD
<font color=purple> I USE TO BE SCHIZOPHRENIC, BUT NOW WE ARE FINE </font color=purple> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

3" body lift is pretty easy, I'd go for the extra inch.
I've heard of people running 33x12.5's on standard offset 15x8's with a 3" body lift and the t-bars cranked an inch. They cut away the bottom on the fenders and bent the lip back a little on the floor boards. Check out Mark Halls s10 on http://www.s10-4x4.com before he went to the soild front axle, he had 33's on 10" rims with just a 3" body lift.
33's are the max. for the stock suspension.

I want to be a follower, but all the leaders seem to be lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode