4L60E Tranny Q - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 01:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4L60E Tranny Q

Is there a way that I can install a switch to lock up the converter?? Found a write up for my Cherokee and its really easy. Just wondering if there is a way for the S-10's tranny....Untill a regear I need all the help I can get pushing the 33's. Also has anyone tried the B&M kits available for the trannys???

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 06:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4L60E Tranny Q

I was trying to do the same with my 700r...I found a tech article on it at an F-body website www.thirdgen.org It was simple for the Camaro he just ran a wire with a toggle from two terminals. You might be able to do this, but in my case I have a tranny from an 88 GTA in my 83 GMC 1/2 ton and I have talked to guys about doing this and they told me that the "A" terminal on the 4-pronged harness on driver's side of tranny is the hot wire, and the "D" terminal is the ground for the lock up. But, the ground is normally not used stock since there is a internal ground that kicks in about 40 mph, my idea would be to use the "D" terminal ground with toggle to lock-up. My only problem so far has been finding the hot wire that shuts off when you engage the brakes, once I find this I should be set. Hope this helps, if not the website probably will.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 02:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

why would you want to lock up the converter manualy? How does this help?

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 12:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When in second or third the converter is not giveing all the power to the tires untill your at or near top speed for the gear. It slips..Does what its supposed to do. I want all the motors power at mid RPMs in second and third gear when off roading... Gives better throttle response and direct power to the tires. You can feel it in your truck the gear shifts, also the slight shift feel. Thats the converter finaly locking up all the power. You hear of people geting a lower converter lockup. Usualy in drag stip stuff. Thats kinda what im doing without pulling the tranny and spending $500 bucks. It does ware on your tranny more and you should get an external tranny cooler to help with added heat. Its soft shifting from the factory for comfort. Don't need comfort now...

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode