Superchargers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superchargers

Has anyone put a whipple supercharger on their 4.3L V-6? I have a 1988 S-10 4.3L V-6 Auto with flowmaster exhaust, jet stage 2 chip, K&N, and Edelbrock TES headers. Is the supercharger hard to install is there anything they don't tell you before you buy it like extra [censored] you gotta get or anything else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Superchargers

I have a blower on my 87 s15 jimmy with a 2.8v6 i bought it used(barely) but i thought the installation was pretty simple, and i was going blindfolded, the gut i bought it off from did not have any of the paper work and only about half the pully brackets so i had to make or modify most of those and having never even worked on a supercharger it was a little time consuming but it only took about a day to do it all. i am very happy with the preformance. I also have headers and a flowmaster exahustand the k&n so i am sure you would be very pleased with what it would do for you 4.3 If you have ant installation quetions i am always glad to help.
good luck
nick
[email protected]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey Nick what type of huffer do you have roots/centrifigul?
what did you use for fuel delivery-carb/F.I.?
are you using the factory ECM/ aftermarket or what?
real curious, this is somthing I am thinking about adding to a 3.4
thanks,Later

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If ya do the charger then do a dyno before and after... Really would like to see the numbers. Remember tho that a charger is verry delacate. One little grain of sand or dirt gets in and its dumping ALL of its guts into your engine where as non SC it would probably live. Nitrous is an easier and less destructive way for more HP. But I love that whine of a SC below the decks..

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I belive it is a roots style but i am not positive on the difference. i am running it carburated right, now cause that is what that is what the blower came set up for but my truck was tbi so i want to use that. No here is my problem holley makes an adaptor plate to go from the rochester two barrel to my tbi unit(actually i will get one from a 4.3 all that talk is getting me excited but thats another story) but when i sent them an e-mail asking if it was the right part and how much it costs they sent me a reply saying it was the right part but the tbi would not work probably in a boost condition. but i don't understand why not i am sure there are plenty of vehicles out there that use tbi and have blowers so does anyone know if this is true or is someone at holley just taking uneducated guesses? i really want to get that tbi on but even with the 3" bodtlift i will have to put a cowl on if i add an extra 1" for the plate but that will look cool anyway. As far as the ingnition goes it is still stock but i have plans for a complete msd setup. i am going to take some pics soon so i will post them but i hope this helps for now and if anyone has any ideas for me please drop me a note.
nick
[email protected]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have done the same mods as you with the Edelbrock headers (best mod) the K&N Filtercharger IPK II and 2 1/2" out to a high flow cat and a 3 chaber Flowmaster. TRy out the Jacobs ignition system. I am running the Mileage master kit with wires,coil, and computer. Works great and give noticeable improvement in throttle response low end and mid power... does give a mileage increase if your not on it all the time. They have a Street performance one you ought to look at. Something to compair to.
How do you like the Jet 2 chip?? I had the 6 pack but it didn't work correctly on my truck and have been thinking of the stage 2 for a while...

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who makes that supercharger? I've heard of them, but never seen one. Where they custom or did they stop making them?

I want to be a follower, but all the leaders seem to be lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode