Upgrade Brakes??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 03:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Upgrade Brakes???

I might have asked this question before but does any one know of performance front brakes for our 4x4's. Specificaly for my 94. Want to upgrade to larger rotars that are cross drilled and a larger dual calaper vs. the single. Running 33's just around town is showing me these brakes are not good enough. Dont want to imagin coming down from the mountains durring the summer. Hot...Hot ...Hot....
BTW I have already talked with these guys:
http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Upgrade Brakes???

Try Baer Brakes at http://www.baer.com. You can either call them or download the price/application list. From the prices on the chart, it'll cost at least 800 bucks to do your fronts if you install them yourself. Maybe if you call them they have a better deal.

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 01:34 AM

A little warning about cross-drilled rotors. I know Weazle doesn't play too much in the wet stuff, but if you play in mud, be prepared to spend time getting the mud out of the holes...

I keep hearing "these work great" and "they don't do anything", but I believe they'll help with a lot of brake fade, at the very least. If you don't want to spend the cash right away, you might want to consider getting some Rancho Brake Pads or something like that (if they are still making them, that is). Just a thought. I bought them for one of my old Toyotas and they were really effective on a drum brake rear car...

Laters.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, I just saw cross-drilled CNC machined rotors for 4x4 S-10's in Summit
Racing's truck style catalog. I don't remember how much they were or who made them though. I will be getting some for my S-10. I also saw a rear disc conversion kit for S-10 4x4's in the latest JCWhitney catalog, for around $500, rotors, calipers, brackets, lines, cables. I will eventually get these also. The grooved rotors are a little better from a strength and cleaning standpoint over the weaker drilled rotors, but anything's better than stock!

1989 S-10 4x4 355
1989 S-Blazer 4x4 4.3
1990 S-10 Baja 4x4 2.8

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 11:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Verify those are for the 4x4.. I have seen a lot of upgrade setups but they are for the 2wd.. The rear would be a good upgrade but I just got my fingers on a D-44 to swap.. Need to find a conversion for that to disk.. Will check Summit...

-Troy <font color=red>'WeaZle' </font color=red> McCarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode