Who makes headers for 4x4 4.3 jimmy? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 02:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who makes headers for 4x4 4.3 jimmy?

I want headers if the install isnt too bad ie: have to remove it? Who makes them for 89 jimmy? thanks Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Who makes headers for 4x4 4.3 jimmy?

Try Edelbrock. They make CA smog legal ones. Then try Headman.

http://www.edelbrock.com/home.html
http://www.hedman.com/

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I dont know about headers, might just go dual with glass pack mufflers . I dont know, what do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 01:47 PM

Glasspacks are OK but they might not get you the power you need with good headers. That, and I *think* that they will not pass CA visual smog inspections, if you're in a state like CA...

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

found a set of headman for 150.00 at my local speed shop. I dont know If I'm up to Installing them. still pondering and working on other projects. Jason

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On mine (94 4x4)it was a royal PITA....Only got them in there because of the suspention lift I had. Body lift would be evin better.. A lot more room.. Had to remove basicaly all accesories to get in there..Performance is outstanding witht the Edelbrock's and the rest of the exhaust done at the same time... Goes strait to red line where it would shift 700 rpms before. Just when you get into the power curve it really starts to pull..Then throw 33's on there and throw all that extra power in the sh*t can... GEEZZZZ I need gears!!!! Headers are the way to go if you want power.. $150 is nothing for the power you gain...

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 01:00 PM

hey WeaZle, did it change the noise factor for you as well? Make it a little more mellow? What was the diameter of the collector? Please say 2.5"!

My Web Page
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Noise wize it was louder but I got a full size high flow cat, and flowmaster 3 chamber and a chrome tip\can on the end. About a year ago I cut the can off the end. Was just too loud. Now its just a rumble. I like the way it is now.. Louder then stock but not waking up the neighbors when I start it up at night.. I do like the sound your looking for tho but so are the cops....Not a 100% sure but I think it is 2.5" all the way out from the headers. I will get under there this weekend and mesure for ya..

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 04:27 PM

kewl deal...

I was thinking of headers with a 2.5" exit. Flowmaster 2 chamber. Hi-Po cat. And, believe it or not, an open element air cleaner. Nothing cooler sounding than intake noise. At least on my old four banger, anyway!

My Web Page
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got the IPK 2 (open element)from K&N for my 4.3...Ouch it was like $220 bucks for the filter, tube, bracket, and a metal seperator plate (in between the engine and air inlet.). It did help some on getting more air in there but I keep looking at the thing to make sure its not gold plated or something. Im sure with a few trips around the junk yard and a $25 filter I could have found something A LOT cheaper but.....First time around I got a replacement K&N and swiss cheesed (about 15 3/4" holes in front) the air box. That helped a lot over stock.... Open elemnet is an improvement on that for power on colder days. Hot days it reduces power a small amount.. Sound really cool at about 3500 rpm's and above... Gas milage I have no friggin idea with all the other mods I have done. Come on every one, chant with me, they may suddenly apear for me!!! Gears....Gears....Gears.....

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode