4.3 question? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 11:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.3 question?

Hopefully someone here can give me some assistance. I am looking for a 4.3 to put in my Jeep. What years were carbed? I don't want to deal with trying to hook up fuel injection so could you get a newer 4.3 and get a manifold and carb to go on it to replace the fuel injection? Any help you guys could give me would be great. Hope to be hearing from some of you. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 02:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4.3 question?

The 4.3's in earlier Astro Vans were carbed ('85 or so). And you could get a later model 4.3, and install a carb/manifold. You have to stick with a TBI (Z) model, as from what I understand the CPI versions of the Vortec had different heads, with non compatible bolt pattern for the carbed intake.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 04:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not sure about the 4.3/tbi/year thing but http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html
makes a intake that uses a carb instead of F.I.
Later

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 05:07 PM

You would have to go about pre-1986 to get a fully carbed model...
Personally I think the Jeep could use some sort of EFI model, but that's my opinion. If you have a 4.0 litre, incidentally, there are plenty of toys to put on that motor to make some really good power and torque.

Also, depending on what year vehicle you have, the typical thing to do would be to throw in a 350. That would require a little more playing around with things, but thought I would get the gears moving in your head about it! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just wanted to say thanks for the info guys! The motor is going into my 85 cherokee. I have the carbed 4 banger in now. The 350 idea is good but it is a pretty tight fit under the hood. That is why I chose the 4.3. I would love to go the F.I route but I am just trying to go with the easiest route for now. I am moving to Texas in a month so my time is limited. Well thanks again. Jay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode