The big question???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The big question????

how many people have intalled 30x9.5-15 tires on thier s10/15 4x4? and the more important question- how noticable is the power loss? i have just aquired a set new very cheap and putting them on next week, so im a little curious as to the change.

1985 S-10 Blazer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 02:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The big question????

I have 31x10.5 on an 88 S-15 4x4, no lift. not much of a power loss at all..... only effected ride feel (smoother) and if offset the speedo by like 3-7mph

Later,
MeatLoaf

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/8071/ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 03:36 PM

With the V6, you won't notice much power loss at all. It might even do better for you on the highway!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 03:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have some 30x9.50 tires (which measure a true 29" diameter) on my 4.3L S-10. The power loss is not too bad, although I could tell some difference. Only real change for me is that I now need to start out in first gear in places where I used to start out in second (like at stop lights). It is also nice getting higher top end speed at lower RPMs. I'm still curious, though, as to how much extra strain the 30" tires put on the clutch, transmission, and engine.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 30-9.5 BFG AT's and there was a little differance w/2.8
but not so much to complain loudly about, just wish I had got
MT's instead of AT's.

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 05:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was just curious. my 2.8 carb isn't the fastest thing on four wheels and i may(am) upgrading the motor to the camaro 3.4($600.00 complete, my cost)i just don't want to lose the power i do have. how would these look with a 2" body lift?

1985 S-10 Blazer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode