4 Wheel Drive Shift Control - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4 Wheel Drive Shift Control

I'm having problems with my 1994 S-10 4X4. It has the electronic pushbutton shift. I have traced a lot of the wires and they are in good shape. I have gotten a control module from another S-10 ans tried that and that doesn't help. If you unhook the battery for a few minutes then start the truck back up. But after pushing the button a few times or shutting the truck off it will not shift. The light either stays on 2HI or completely goes off on all of them. I don't think it's the shift motor because like I said earlier it still works part of the time. I just need to know if anyone has any suggestions. I have spent several hundred trying to get it figured out but no one has helped. Has anyone had the same problem? If so let me know. I would love to discuss what there options were and how they went about diagnosing it.
Thanks in advance,
Eric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4 Wheel Drive Shift Control

eric,
have you checked the switch itself?

1985 S-10 Blazer

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes I have. We just put a brand new one in it. Any other ideas about the key problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2000, 01:42 AM

OK. This is going to sound REALLY stupid, but trust me, I know from experience. Try opening the door and then hitting the shift button. Try all sorts of configurations like that and see if there is a commonality.

I had an '87 Ranger that had the switch wired alongside the door switches for the lights, believe it or not. It turned out that the circuit was falling loose and it just needed to be pushed back in. I did the same thing by turning off the motor and restarting and that just made it work because it jarred the switch...

Anyway, it's a thought.

After that, you have to start chasing wires and tapping them to make sure power goes to the motor. I can't believe that no one can find the problem for you?

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode