Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Small Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-small-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   How does the 3" body lift look? (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-small-trucks-suvs/11727-how-does-3%22-body-lift-look.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2000 12:32 PM

How does the 3\" body lift look?

Even though I'd much rather have a suspension lift, I think the temptation of 2-3" of added height and tire clearance for under $250 will eventually get the best of me. I was just going to put on a 2" Performance Accesorries body lift, but after finding out how comprehensive the Warn/Black Diamond Premium kit is, I decided to go with them. Unfortunately, Warn only makes a 3" body lift for the S-10. Before I order this kit, I really would like to see a picture of a non-suspension lifted S-10 with a 3" body lift. If anyone knows of a web-site where I could see such an S-10 (truck or blazer), I would greatly appreciate it. I would especially like to see a closeup of the frame underneath the rocker panels.

Also, if I do go with the 3" lift, I'd like to get some sort of nerf bar or running board to cover the exposed frame. Anybody know the cheapest thing I could get that would completely cover the frame and still look fairly nice. Installation is not a problem.

Thanks for the help!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2000 12:50 PM

Want some nerf bars?

I have a set of two black powdercoated nerf bars that usually run for about $125 for the set. If you want them you can pay me $75-50 shipping and they are yours. They are in perfect condition and are made for the S-10 and S-series trucks. If you want them you need to email me: [email protected]

Happy PreRunning,

< snoman13 >

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2000 12:55 PM

Re: How does the 3\" body lift look?

Don't have a pic but the 2" looks fine. shows a little frame but is aceptable. The 3" you dont need a close up of the frame. Thats the first thing you see when looking at one. Again remember the SAW t-bars can give about 2" suspention. That, a 2" body adn 31's could give nice results.

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2000 12:57 PM

Re: How does the 3\" body lift look?

Check your e-mail. The Warn is pretty pricey for a body lift IMO, but it does include everything if you don't want to go though the hassles of a little custom fabrication.