lift kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

lift kits

Now that I sound cool [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img].I need to look cool too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I was wondering what y'all thaught of trail master body and sus. lifts? The sell a 5" sus. lift and a 3" body. Or if you can recomend another company took look at. All input welcomed. I need to know what I need to know what i need for money to do the lift. thanks for all the input so far guys/gals.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rossco<-GMC man![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
"Ouch", Ross after hitting snowbank at 35mph and flying! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 02:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lift kits

I've got the Trailmaster 5'' suspension lift with 3'' warn body lift.No problems yet.,had it for 2 years now.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 12:01 PM

Out of all the "standard" lift kits out there, I think Trailmaster has the best engineering of them all for GM. From what I have been told, they do things a lot better. Like the springs in the rear are made from the same stock, not mixed up (Canadian Mfg. laws are much stricter), which provides for a consistent spring rate on BOTH sides.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 12:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as cost goes, here is a price breakdown from where I live of how much it would cost to max out the lift on an S-10 w/o installing a solid front axle:

5" Trailmaster lift (professionally installed) $2,200
3" Warn Body Lift (self installed) $ 200
New 33x11.50 tires (or whatever your preference is) $ 600
Rims to accomodate tires $ 600
4.10 gears front and back (professionally installed) $1,300

Grand Total $4,900

Not included in this estimate are various costs for items which may need to be extended (such as brake lines) Personally, I plan to have all this done to my truck as soon as I win the lottery. Until then, 30" tires will have to do [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure the S-10 Trailmaster kit uses your stock leaf springs and torsion bars. The lift in the front is obtained by dropping the torsion bars and using a longer arm, and the lift in the back is achieved by putting the leaf springs on top of the axle.

Hope that helps!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok first of all the Tmaster kit is a 4" kit. You can get up to 5" by cranking the t-bars (not a really good idea). Second the rear is just an axle under conversion no AAL or spring pack. I have there instructions in front of me. I called Rancho 2 days ago and their kit is still available. They did not discontinue it. I have run the Rancho kit for the last 5 years and have had no problems with the kit. MPO I think the Rancho kit is superior because they replace the upper a-arms (a must when aligning), reinforce the drop brackets with a front tubed frame (really HD)and a subframe to link all the drop brackets together. Not saying the Tmaster kit is bad, just that Rancho has reinforced problem areas. I would like to get the Tmaster drop brackets and add to my rancho but I don't think it would work for another inch. And dont forget the SAW torsion bars. I liked them sooooooo damn much I bought a second pair... Really good bars for an extra 1.5".

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode