Attn: Michiganians - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 12:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Attn: Michiganians

I live in the lansing area I know some of you are from Jackson, Saginaw, and other nearby areas we should get together and go out sometime. I went SoLO Today in the yankee Springs rec area. woulda been nice to have some backup. FAST Trails Was JAMMIN! Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Attn: Michiganians

I'm from Mich (jackson) where are the yankee springs?

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 12:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i am from michigan also (montrose if you know where it is right in between flint and saginaw) i am always up for new trails and such
where is this yankee springs i never heard of it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 09:37 AM

(Saginaw here), and I've also never heard of Yankee Spings...

Do you guys ever go to Silver Lake to play on the dunes?

(As a bit of a sidenote, any Michiganians know of some good tranny shops? Both of my trucks are having tranny problems. The S-truck is a manual 5 speed and the 'burb is a TH350... I'd definitely appreciate any recommendations.. Thanks! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 04:34 PM

I have an uncle that owns a tranny shop in saginaw, Quality Clutch and Gear, at the corner of McCarty and Bay Road, and another uncle that owns a place in Freeland, Mike's Transmissions, right on M-47. that is my free advertising for them.

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 07:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sandman,
There is a place in clio mt.morris area i think it is called franks they do really good work my friend used to work for a towing company and that is where his boss had the tranny in the wreker done. Altough some once told that it is really expensive to have work done to that tranny in your s15 so when mine went i just swaped it. And actually we have a trip planned to silver lake in july but i want to go up before that like in 2 months do you know if they are open right know? if not do you know when they open? How about places to go around here? i go out to the mounds in mt morris but i gets old going to the same place all the time.

later
and goodluck with with your tranny.
nick

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 12:47 AM

What tranny did you swap in there in place of the original one? This sounds interesting... Thanks for the suggestions, on shops, guys! I'll probably be callin' around finding some quotes on how much "Behemoth" (my 'burb)'s TH350 will cost to get a rebuild with heavy duty guts... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] That's the primary mud beast, and I'd definitely want that monster running for mud season [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]...

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 12:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i just swaped it with another borg warner from a wrecked blazer of one of my friends(actually i think he has another one right now too) Them five speeds seem to hold up pretty well so i was not too concerned with putting a used one in the truck. The only reason mine went was because some how the bottom drain plug disappeared (i have no idea when, where, or why) and the tranny was completely out of fluid.
have fun
mick

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim I have a buddy tha has a th350 from a 83 chevry full size that is in good condition and is complete with a transfercase. I am located in Pennsyvania, if you are interested let me know and i will see if he still has/ how much he wants

Sal

1985 S-10 Blazer

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2000, 01:44 PM
sentinel

salamander, i may be interested in the tranny/tcase.. i got a couple questions.. first what transfer case is it? how many miles are on them? is there anything wrong with them?.. also how much is he asking. give me a holler im looking to put a v8 in my s10 that currently has a 4.3 and some extra beef in the tranny/tcase area cant hurt

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode