Help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 03:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help!

i am a 16 year old with a part time job and a '98 S-10...i want to lift my truck and put some bigger tires on....any suggestions for a kid with a tight budget??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help!

tighten your torsion bars, get some add a leafs, and throw bigger tires under it

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2inch body lift is the best thing i can see. From my experiance tightening the torsion bars will produce a stiffer ride! If you don't mind that is an ok way to go. Some say it increases wear but i really can't say. Body lifts are not all that hard and are pretty cheap. I prefer the 2inch to the 3 because it shows less of the frame! But then again if you would ask me i would say you should have bought an pre 86 toyota...... hehe lol oh well you got a nice truck. Enjoy it!

Much Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 03:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

get a better job and pray!!!!

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dont mess with the torsion bar on your truck unless you dont mind wearing out other suspension components. A body lift is the best cheap way to go, looks tough, kits are complete for like 150.00 dont forget you will need bumper brakets, maybe a little more if you buy filler skirts for the body to frame, to fill the gap, but now you can fit 31" with no rubbing, makes v-8 conversion a snap, simplifies header installation. etc. this is deffinatly the bang for the buck. Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode