1994 s-10 4x4 HELP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Addict

1994 s-10 4x4 HELP

I have a problem with this rig. It has a clunking sound when I make a turn or go over a bump. I have looked at front end, A frame and ball joints, and still cannot find the problem.
Also I have heard that this was a bad year for fuel injection problems, does anybody know?
P.S. these rigs are not very good for deep water.
Please send replies to [email protected] .com

used jeepster parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1994 s-10 4x4 HELP

Yup, bad fuel injectors. Take it to GM and they will replace them. They did a recall about 8 months ago on this. I have a 94 4wd an had the same prob. As for the clunk, do you have any aftermarket parts on it. As in wheels with different off-set than stock. This will cause premature balljoint failure and the wheel bearings are a problem as well. Jack up the front of the vehicle, grab top and bottom of the tire and push and pull. If there is more than an 3/8 " movement then the ball joints are bad. Replace with Moog. These last a lot longer than any others. I don't know how to check the hub bearings but they are also a weak link. Then last is the CV joint. Jack up remove tire and rotate the rotor. Hear any clunking?? Check the basic stuff like sway bar, shock mounts, look for any shiny spots where something is rubbing another....

What probs did you have in water????

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

torsion bar mounts will also cause a clunk

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2000, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hawgwild is right. The torsion mounts seem to be a weak spot on all the S-10's I have encountered. Depending on how rough the surface you usually ride on is they can wear out pretty fast. The rubber will fatigue and eventually break. It will definately cause a clucking underneath. You can easily check them by prying one them with a short pry bar. One note. The passenger side one has to have the bolt that goes through the torsion cross bar ground off to get it in fairly easy. I usually cut off enough to just leave me with a full nut when tightened down. An air cut off tool does this quickly. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode