rear slider - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 06:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

rear slider

Has anyone replaced their rear window? I bought my truck with no A.C. and want as much air flow as possible so I have been considering a sliding rear window. Is this something I can change out myself? Any tips?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rear slider

Call a shell/camper place for the better prices on the window. Remove the solid window however you wish, rock, hammer, whatever. Take the rubber molding and insert wire into the molding (the slot the window goes into)all the way around. Have enough extra wire to grab onto at each end (start and end at one corner of the window). Install the molding with wire in it on truck. Place new window up to the molding but dont install it in the grove. Push the window into the grove while pulling the wire out. This will pull the lip over the window to seal it into its grove.
Easier done than said.........

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rear slider

My truck has a rear slider, and I have mixed feelings on it's effectiveness. The rear slider actually pulls air in from behind the truck, rather than exhaust the air that the front windows bring in. It causes lots of air turbulence, but not as much (or at least as fast) movement as you'd think. But since S-series lack triangle windows in the front part of the windows in the doors and the vents on the side of the cab up under the dash, the rear slider is all we have (gotta love the triangle windows, and the vents under the dash!). Judging from Troy's desciption, replacing it should not be too hard. Good Luck

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode