What size tire can i run - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 05:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What size tire can i run

I have a '96 S-10 4x4 (Non ZR2), and what to run 31's or 33's, i have some 10 inch rims. How much lift do I need for each size tire? I don't mind a little rubbing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What size tire can i run

I run 33x12.5x15's on a 8 inch rim w/ 5 inches of lift(3" suspention 2" body). I still rub on frame at full lock (no biggie) and at full compression on the cab (no fenders left to hit). Get rid of the 10" wide rims. The will cause you nothing but probs and room your going to need. Go with a 7.5 or 8" rim. Off-set is also important. With the larger, wider tire you need to pull it away from the frame. Too much & you will blow bearings and ball joints monthly. But when you pull the tire away from the frame you start to rub the rear part of the front fender. 31's you will need 2" body, crank t-bars all the way and can keep stock rims. 33's you need 5 inches, madatory suspention lift, and off-set wheels. 33's do not fit in the fender wells front or rear without cutting. Cost wise is going to be around $3000 installed for 33's(suspention, body, tires, & wheels)... I will mesure the off-set on my rims for the correct amount.

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey Weazle thanks for the advice. do you have any pics of your truck. I'd like to see a pic of a 94or newer with a 2" body lift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WeaZle, how much trimming did you do? Just the inner fender, of did you have to trim the outer fender? How much room do you have between the rear tire and the top of the fender at full compression?
I am on the fence about what to do. I am not satified with 31's and I really can't swing a proper suspension lift. I was thinking about hacking away to fit 33's. I really don't care about the fenders, but I don't want to get into the floor boards. Do they have the heavy duty T-bars for my '88?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 02:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run 33x14.00x15 Super Swamper Boggers on 15x8 Eagle alloy wheels that ride on a 5'' Trailmaster suspension lift along with a
Warn 3'' body lift. Have very little rubbing every now and then when I do little jumps and land you can hear a little rub,but not that
bad.When you want to go with a big lift it tends to get quite $$$$$$$EXPENSIVE$$$$$$$

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-1271-Truck2.jpg (33.5 KB, 7 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2000, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't see a way to fit 33's without a suspention lift. It feels sooooooooooo nice with the 33's over 31's off-road but its going to cost me in balljoints and bearings. Tires will be like an inch away fron the cab and frame with just body and bars. You can get fiberglass fenders for more fender clearance but that still does not give you more room from the cab. You might fit 32X10.5's but i doubt the 12.5's. Just got finished pulling the bed sides over the weekend about 2" and will still have to cut the rear part of the rear fender but not near as much. The front I just cut 4" from the inside of the lower rear fender and folded the lip to the inside & pounded the fender liner flush with the cab. This worked for 31's but not the 33's. On the last trip out a nice landing folder the liner back upon itself so I have to do it all again. This time im just hackin about 6" from the bottom and the liner too. Might have to cut into the cab a little. Don't really want to but better than a flat. If this does not work im going to fiber fenders. I know I could have gone with A 3" body but didn't like how they looked. You can barly tell I have 2". This pic is 2" body, 3" Rancho W/33's.

88, email me privately for the number for those bars and remember this, No one makes gears >4.10's for us for 33's and above.I want 4.56's or 4.30's. but not for our axles.

KXT the pic is attached.

Lil Zilla...Nice setup....and your right.....EXPENCIVE !!!!!!!!!

And I still got a long way to go.......

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-1316-close33A.jpg (45.9 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode