1984 S-10 blazer--suspension lift questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1984 S-10 blazer--suspension lift questions

i am wondering if anyone has any ideas for a 2 to 4" lift for my s-10 blazer..i don't want to spend more than $700 and if you could tell me what are some good makes of lift kits for it that are good..i want to put a descent size tire on but nothing too big cause i only have the 2.8 v-6...any good sites or makes about the lifts would be very helpful..thank a lot!..dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 12:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1984 S-10 blazer--suspension lift questions

Two or four WD?? What size tire do you want to run. Really need to know that. what size rims do you have or going to buy. Do you ming getting a ripsaw and cutting fender?? Throw me a bone here....I need the info.....Im the boss.....

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey troy-
i have the 4x4 w/ the small factory rims i am thinking of purchasing new rims( a little bigger than what i have) and new tires(the ones i have now are almost bald and i also think they were the original factory size--small)i probably want to put somethin 30" or less cause i know for a fact the the acceleration from the 2.8L will be horrible w/ any tire bigger than that. No i wouldn't be afraid to cut any metal...i was thinking about the add a leaf system and i know that they are really cheap i'm not sure wha ti should do w/ the front..any ideas would be great and thanx for any information...--dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 11:46 PM

What gears do you have? I have 3.73's, with factory limited slip in the back... I run 235/75/R15's Cooper STT's... They are approximately 29 inches tall, I believe, and I wouldn't want much bigger than that without going to a ratio of around 4.1x... This size tire can be ran without a lift, and no rubbing anywhere, I think even under full compression and such... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 01:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you are staying under 30" then you really don't have to worry about a lift. If you put a 30x9.50 (around 29.5" tall)on a 15x7 with 5-6 inches of back spacing you could get away with just trimming/bending the front inner fender a little. I tried the 31's (about 30.5") before the lift and I could have gotten away with trimming. Don't go to 31's unless you have 4.10's and still want some acceleration.
FYI, 235/75's (about 28.5") will not fit on a stock s-10 with less offset, say 3 1/2 inches. They will hit the fender.
You could put add-a-leafs in the rear if they are sagging. To level it out, tweek the T-bars a little (though I am not a fan of this method of lift). Stay under an inch in the front or you are just causing problems for yourself.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i want to put a lift kit as well as bigger tires...i'm not really worried about the tires even though i want to get bigger ones. i'm not sure about the ratio in the back end..and if you guys can tell me what are some good makes of suspension lifs for my 84' 4x4 blazer would be great thanx a lot

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 10:05 AM

I know you probably meant that you'll regear both differentials, but I just figured I'd make sure... If not, don't use 4x4 on anything but slick mud or possibly really loose sand... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Usually the way you plan a lift is to determine how big of tires you want and then figure out how much lift to put on the truck... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] That way you have a better idea of how much lift you'll need... I haven't had much/any experience with any of the suspension lifts yet...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

figuring that i have the 2.8L v-6 what size tire do you recommend? i want something big but not so that i have no acceleration. so any ideas on the size of tire for my blzer would be great..but i was considering on putting a 2" lift on then on getting the tires..dan

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 11:15 AM

I don't suppose you'd happen to know what gear ratio you have? I have 3.73's, and with the 235's, the truck is a bit sluggish, and 5th gear is totally useless under 85mph or so... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Any bigger and I'd definitely have to recommend the 4.1x ratio (or an engine/tranny/tcase swap) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alright here is the low down..i went to sears and had an estimate done tell me how this sounds: 15x7 rims w/ L23575Q15C BF Goodrinch (pretty agressive tread) all for $800.00 ..will these tires and rims fit? also i would like to know what the dimensions of the tire(mainly height)is..also how will the acceleration be w/ these? any answers would be great~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode