Suspension stuff - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suspension stuff

Would the T-bars from a 4.3/ZR be heavier than those from a 2.8, and would they fit an '87?
Also I saw in a catalog from a place called Tyres 1 or something an A-arm kit that offered 1-3" lift with an add-a-leaf deal for the rear. cost ~$5-600.
I'll see if I can find it in my magazine pile.
Anybody seen an axle flip for the rear?
Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Suspension stuff

The kit you mentioned is made by Superlift. I think you mentioned that your t-bar are already cranked up a bit. You wouldn't get much more height out of the Superlift because that is basically what it does. You would get new upper A-arms that would save your ball joints and give you a better ride. Not worth $500 IMO. I don't know about the t-bars you mentioned but this is what Rancho has to say.
Rancho suggests the following Chevy torsion bars for off-road use based on wehicle weight.
Weight --------- GM part no ---------- diameter (inches)
<1,900 lbs ---- 14056381 LH --------- 1.20
-------------- 14956382 RH ----------1.20

>2,100 lbs----- 14056383 LH ----------1.28
--------------14956384 RH -----------1.28

Either set can be used, but the ...83&84 do more to prevent your vehicle from bottoming out.

Just repeting what Rancho said.
I hate that they will not let you put spaces in.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 01:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Suspension stuff

I will have to go back and check my numbers but they don't make the 83-84's (HD) any more. I tried getting them 4 years ago. I ended up getting the 81-82's (MD). BTW I will have these bars for sale soon. Cost like $350 at the Stealer i mean dealer. I ordered my truck with the HD suspention but it comes with light bars. go figure. I got alot better deal for ya. Read my post's in the aftermarket torsion bars string. I ordered mine on tuesday and got them yesterday. These things are made to be over cranked. Insted of a hex on the adjuster arm end it has like 50 splines and the adjuster arm is removeable and moved to any of those splines. Strange thing is the are a smaller diameter than the 81-82's I have on there now. They told me these where the off-road ones so hopefully this weekend they will be on. Nice shiny black powder coat too..

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode