Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Small Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-small-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   Do you name your s-10? (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-small-trucks-suvs/11606-do-you-name-your-s-10-a.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 02-16-2000 03:53 PM

Do you name your s-10?

Lil zilla made me think of this. Who named their s-10? Come on, admit it. My aquired the name Little Bear. I was clawing my way up an icy hill that no one else could get up and it's a loooong walk from the lower parking lot. Halfway up I'm spinning like hell and my half drunk (no, I wasn't) roomate patted the dash and said in a Southern voice "Com on lil bear" we got up and the name stuck. I guess you had to be there.

The_Sandman_454 02-16-2000 04:05 PM

Re: Do you name your s-10?

My Suburban has been given the nickname "Behemoth" by some friends, and it stuck, but there hasn't been a fitting name that has stuck to the S15...

It's a black S15 and there's a pic of it on the reader's rides part of the Chevy section... Any suggestions on a name for it? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

**DONOTDELETE** 02-16-2000 09:26 PM

Some of my friends named my truck 'Lil Zilla' because its green and little not big.So thats where it got its name.Every since I decided
to have personalized plates for the truck.

**DONOTDELETE** 02-16-2000 10:15 PM

JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY NAMES THEIR TRUCK. SOME WILL ADMIT TO IT, OTHERS WON"T, ME I AM PROUD OF TRUCK A.K.A. OUTLAW. DON'T ASK ABOUT THE NAME, I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW I GOT IT. IT SOUNDS GOOD, BUT IT EVEN LOOKS BETTER ON THE BACK. IT'S ALL ABOUT PRIDE.

J.R. 02-16-2000 10:58 PM

Haven't earned a name for the S-10, but I did have a F*rd Ranger dubbed "Honda Killer".

I sorta took the trunk of a Honda Accord and made it into a back seat... Oops.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]- <font color=purple>J.R.</font color=purple> -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 02-17-2000 01:03 AM

yup mine is called the hunntin' truck. All trucks deserve a name

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke

**DONOTDELETE** 02-17-2000 09:20 AM

Well, my last truck('80 toy 4x4, 6" lift w/36" TSL's, torquer bumpstick, header,
weber 32 carb,locker and monster push/wench bumper/f -5" pipe/r) color changed
about 10x from primer black to primer gray and back again. I don't think I ever put
a new part on it(other than performance parts) every thing came from the boneyard,
so my partners in crime started calling me Junk Yard Dog over the radio,sorta stuck.
Lately these same clowns have been calling my S10 JYD2(ya,most of the parts on this
truck have been canibalized from the bone yard too)

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 02-17-2000 11:44 PM

My truck has no official name, although when it isn't running right it gets called a lot of names, many of which I'd rather not repeat. It was called "Little Thunder" during the time I drove it while the cat was blown apart. The original "Thunder" was my dad's old Ford f250. One day I was driving it and the muffler burst at the seam (I don't have good luck with exhausts), it sounded soo cool. I've never heard a 351 v8 so loud before besides at the races. My friends used to kid that they could hear me a mile before they saw me. Needless to say, this happened in the fall and the truck did not receive a new muffler until it was time for inspection the next august!

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man

**DONOTDELETE** 02-18-2000 09:10 AM

Well, of course I had to name my truck. My login name says it all. My personalized plate is NAE KID - No Child :) Something this small couldn't dream of spawning a kid (and wouldn't wanna either!).

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ

**DONOTDELETE** 03-12-2000 08:47 PM

My little jimmy (that sounded bad)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] has gotten the name beef, from girl because it had rust spots that made it look like a black and white cow. I have custom plates for it too, "BEEF 1". This is the only truck I know of that with stock sus. and tires can do what most lifted trucks have problems with. For one thing it can paralell park[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]! Just a joke.

Rossco<-GMC man![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
"Ouch", Ross after hitting snowbank at 35mph and flying! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]