HELP...NOISE... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP...NOISE...

I have a 1987 2-door S10 Blazer, 4x4, 2.8, 5 speed. One problem I have is I get this grinding/rubbing type noise when someone
gets in and sits on the passenger side. Looking into the problem further, I found out that I can sit in the drivers seat and rock the
truck back and forth and when it rocks to the passenger side I hear the noise, and I can feel it on the side of the hump in the
center of the floor or just the floor board. I had someone sit in it while I was listening under it, but I didn't hear a thing.
Oh and of course this only happens when the truck is running. It will also happen when I'm driving down a not so smooth road
when the front of the truck goes down you can hear the noise.......What the hell could this be??
It's driving me crazy. I also have to get the passenger side axle replaced because the clamp that holds the outter boot on fell of
and all the grease came out so it's time to change that. The sound was there prior to the boot clamp falling off.
By they way what's a good price to have someone replace the front passenger axle?

Any advice or help with the noise would be great.

Thank you, Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 05:03 PM

Re: HELP...NOISE...

Couple things to check.
1. Body mounts on that side may be broken. Check 'em out.
2. Grease and dirt don't mix well. If they get in the spring packs they will creak like crazy. check out the rear springs!

Hope that at least gives you a start.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]- <font color=purple>J.R.</font color=purple> -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 07:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One quick question...don't take offence this was a problem once... How heavy is this person in the passanger seat? Also sounds like worn springs (2wd). Is the suspention sagging?? Shocks leeking?? Are there any shiny spots on the frame, a-arms, sway-bar, any thing that might rub against something else??

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If it only does it when the truck is running and you can't hear it outside
your exhaust is probably grounding to the cab some place(bad bodymount?)
or busted welds on the heat shields vibrating,mine does it only when the a/c is on.
The cab acts like a resonance chamber

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode