straight axle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

straight axle

Has anyone had thier front Ifs suspension cut out and put a straight axle in its place?I want to go higher than 8'' of lift.I want to fit
39''Boggers.Where I live I can't find anyone to do the swap or even give me a estimite on how much something like that would cost.
Any help would be nice!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-1183-Lilzila5.jpg (17.2 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: straight axle

To see the toughest S-10 truck I have ever seen, check out the pictures at the bottom of this link: http://s10-4x4.com/markhall.shtml. He used the front and back(?) axles from a 77 bronco. Most of the info you are looking for is somewhere on that S-10 page. Good Luck!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 03:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is Mark Halls web site. http://community.webtv.net/BAD-BOWTIE/4x4TOYS That is a bad ass truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you rip the IFS out let me have it!!!! Im planning on swapping the 7.2 with a D-44 and keep the IFS but I need a stock IFS to go from off the truck.

-Troy 'WeaZle' McCarty

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 01:23 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Here are a couple of hot ones from MN:

The white one has a 565" motor!

Baddest S-10 I've ever seen belongs to Tim Huellinghoff from Washington, MO. (see the July '99 Off-Road) He started with a 2wd S-15, added a 3/4 ton 44 front & a 3/4 ton full-floating Eaton rear, Ford 1/2 ton suspension with 4" (I think) lift coils & the stock rear springs over the axle with a short block. Tires are 39.5" TSL's front & 39.5" Boggers rear on 16.5X14" rims. If you read the article, you'll see that he HAD a 427 Rat under the hood. That's been replaced by a 488 (427 tall deck bored .030 over & stroked to 4.25") with lots of goodies. He was pretty tough to beat in the deep stuff last year, but was a couple of tenths slow on shallow drags. A set of (4) 38.5X11 Boggers should remedy that problem this season. His brother (also a good friend of mine) just got a digital camera, so as soon as he has some shots, I'll put one up here.

BTW, I'd LOVE to see what a late-model looks like with a straight axle & some 39.5's!</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode