Is this feasible??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2000, 10:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is this feasible???

Okay this question may be totally stupid but hey, you dont know unless ya ask right....I am about to acquire a 99 2wd Jimmy, I was wondering if i found a donor blazer/jimmy 4x4 with a factory limited slip, could i swap it into the 2wd? Or would that be completely off the wall and totally impossible/more expensive than just getting an aftermarket locker?

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 12:47 AM

Re: Is this feasible???

I'd say that you'll be better off (and probably less expensive) to have a locker installed in your differential... In yours you know how it's been treated, as opposed to the rear on a different truck where you have no idea how it was maintained or abused, so that's what I'm basing my recommendation on...

My $0.02 at least...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I donít know, but these are my thoughts on the subject. If you are thinking about taking just the limited slip out, you're probabally going to run into trouble and additional expense. Swapping the entire rear may not be a bad idea. I donít know the gear ratios in your 2wd, but you could find a 4x4 axle with lower gears and LSD if thatís what you want. I personally am thinking about the Lock Right locker. $300, better off-road traction, no question weather it will work and easy to install. Not as quiet on the street, but thatís something I am will to sacrifice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just for the record--- ANYTHING is feasible, just depends how
much money you want to throw at it.
other than that I would be inclined to agree with the last two
lockright would be the way I would go

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode