S10 Tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 05:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

S10 Tires

Plain and simple question i think can i fit 30's on a stock 4x4 S10('83) with little rubbing?

Four are better than two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: S10 Tires

Plain and simple answer: yes.

maybe a little rubbing on the inner fender, nothing to worry about (or a mallet couldn't fix).

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you can fit 30's on a stock 98 2wd I'm sure you can fit 30's on a stock 4x4 even though it is older

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 11:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I an 84 S-15 with 30's on it. The only place it rubs is the torsion bar when you turn the wheel fully either way, but that only happens in parking lots.

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2000, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Duke, what kind of tires do you have?

92 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Vortec 4.3
85 S-15 Pickup 4x4 2.5 iron duke
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2000, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I still have the stock tires I just got the truck this week. I am not sure the exact size I just know they are to small for my taste. I have 31's on my jeep cherokee and I love them. I cant wait to beef up this little truck

Four are better than two
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2000, 01:28 PM

I have 3.73's in my '85 s15, and a 2.8L, and the 5 speed, and it seems like 4.10 would be the better ratio for the 235's I have, they're about 29" actual diameter i believe... The step up from the original smaller tires to the 235's made quite a difference... It does with a small engine, Just so you remember that gearing may be a problem for you... Oh, did I mention my 5th gear is totally useless under about 80 or 85?

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2000, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

FredBear I have Sears Trailhandlers (A/T or something). I would not recomend them. They're fairly loud for being a non overly aggressive tire. They're bad in the rain, and the tread doesn't clean out very well because the tread pattern is too tight. They do hold up well, I'll give them that. I've put 20k on them and they're not at their half-life yet. I got them because they were $407 mounted and balanced, should have gone with BFG's.

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2000, 12:27 AM

Had the same problem with my 4-banger Toyota. At least that's what the CHP officer told me when he finally caught up with me... The truck had stock 4.10 gears and I was running 31" BFG All-Terrains.

Now I got the Vortec V6 in my Chevy and have to be REAL careful to not the speed get away from me! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]- <font color=purple>J.R.</font color=purple> -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2000, 02:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

235's are a little under 29". 4.10's turn them just fine, hell it would even spin tire on rare occasions! The 31's put a knife though the little 2.8 heart though. Sandman, you said 5th is useless under 85. Ha, that's not too far from my top speed! I had it up to 95 once going down hill. BTW, I think driving a 4x4 over 80 makes as much sense as off-roading in a car, but I had to see what she can do. I don't use cruise control anymore because it can't maintain speed going up slight grades. I need a 3.4, bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode