Sad, sad day - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sad, sad day

I really hurting right now, I need your support guys. My father has brought shame to our family. He got his Tahoe stuck on a snow covered hill and had to towed out by his friends Ford. Now and until the day I die, I will be ridiculed by my dad's friends about the day the Ford towed out a Chevy. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sad, sad day

Someday, my son, that Ford will get stucker, and then it's Tahoe to the rescue!

Take the tough road home :O)

DJ

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 09:58 PM

My condolences to you and you newfound house of shame! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just remember, NO truck is complete until you get all the stucks out of it.

A (spit) FORD just happens to have more stucks than most trucks.

Hope that calms your spirit a little. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]- <font color=purple>J.R.</font color=purple> -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 11:29 PM

Convince your dad that it's time to get a 6-8" lift on the Tahoe, solid front axle (Dana 60 or better), upgrade the rear axle (14 bolt FF or Dana 70 or better), put some 44" super swampers under it (oops,I forgot to mention the part about major fender adjustment to get the 44's under there with a lift short enough so it'll still articulate decent), have a racing shop build the engine, and then find out what one gets pulled out and which one does the pulling... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 07:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only thing for you to do is go out and borrow a Ford( and some jumper cables, chances are that it will have to be boosted.) Go out and do all the [censored] that you don`t do with your truck, get it good and stuck then call your dad and get the TAHOE to save the Ford. If you don`t do this for yourself; at least do it for your dads truck, because I will guarantee that your truck will never run the same until you fix this problem.

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2000, 05:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the truck should not be at fault for the loose nut behind the wheel

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode