2.8 to 4.3 coming soon! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2.8 to 4.3 coming soon!

All, I've just recieved a 1987 4.3 TBI builder for my '85 mini Blazer 4x4 and soon a 90deg. 700R4 to fit. I will have the complete drive line left over if anyone needs anything (2.8L V6 w/all emisions and A/C removed, 60deg. 700R4, NP207 T-case, front dif. and front drive line(if it can be removed)). I'm converting from 4wheel to 2wheel drive for racing desert races...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-984-Mvc-002s.jpg (33.6 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2.8 to 4.3 coming soon!

What gear ratio and how much would ya want for the front chunk?

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

need some things

how much for the intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, and heads for the 2.8?

Later,
MeatLoaf

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/8071/ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 01:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

O.K. this is the story, the motor, 2.8, burns oil, but still has power, has an exhaust leak(what 2.8 does'nt)new varajetII and coil. It has the power stearing pump, alt, and a new H2O pump. No fan (using electric fan). The trans is stock 700R4 and appears to work good, I've had no problems with it. The T-case thats in the Blazer right now is shot, I think, BUT I have one more (NP207) that has 55K on it and was told its in great shape but I never installed it. With the T-case thats in there now, I have NOT tested the front dif. It has the stock 3.73:1 gears but like I said, I've never had it locked in. Can the dif. even be removed??? It will be approx. 2 mo. befor I will let it all go. I need to make sure I have the 4.3 and trans. installed and running before the next race (March 25th). sorry, but I will not part out the pieces, but I will sell them apart. If any one is interested, e-mail me. I live in AZ. so if your in NY It may be cheaper to get what you want there (shipping). As you all can see, I'm being as honest as I can and I not here to rip anyone off, I like this site and I'm sure I will have questions reguarding this mod and future stuff, and I dont want to get blackballed...Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-994-Mvc-001s.jpg (31.4 KB, 13 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

parts

ok,
put it like this......
i need/want whatever parts (from the list below) that you are willing to separate.

Alternator
msd coil
chrome valve covers
heads
intake man.
exhaust manifolds
and a 4.3 throttle body

if you got it and are willing to separate it, let me know

Later,
MeatLoaf

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/8071/ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2000, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I need a bellhousing for a 4.3 to a T5 tranny.
I think you need the same...if you got one, let me know.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode