I`m cold... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I`m cold...

In my Blazer when I turn the heater fan on 3(max) I do get some air but not as much as other S-series that I`ve been in. Also the first speed of the fan does not work would this be the switch itself or the motor under the hood on the passenger side? with the 4 wires coming out of it.Is there any way to test this or simply replace it? And seeing that the cold here in New Brunswick sometimes dropes to -35 without the wind, I really do need the heat.

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 12:20 PM

Re: I`m cold...

It sounds to me like it's your resistor... It's the thing with the 4 wires coming out of it near the blower motor under the hood, as I recall.. You might want to try taking an ohm meter and probe around on it with no power going to it to make sure there's not infinite resistance (broken resistor)... Could be the switch, but I'd kind of doubt that... Maybe just corrosion on the connection to the blower motor or a bad ground on it... But I think if the low fan speeds won't work, it's a pretty good bet it'll be your resistor... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sand man nailed it,while you have the resistor out stick a flash light in the hole
and make sure it is not full of leaves and junk, i've seen that alot on car's
from the great white north. BTW on low its barely noticable on mine
but blows like all hell on high
later

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have to disagree. Last fall the same sorta thing happened on my truck. The motor would not spin on low, and would be lagging on high. I replaced the motor and viola, it was fixed. If the resistor is bad, I think it will work on some speeds, and not on others because each speed setting is a seperate coil and one bad coil won't effect them all. I got my motor for less than 40 bucks at a local parts dealer. I had to trade in my old one, and keep the fan blade to put on the new one. Pull out your old fan and see how easily it spins, if it doesn't turn freely, it is shot. Also check to see if the ground wire that plugs into the motor is corroded, that gave my friends trans am the same symptoms you describe.

The Duke

There's somethin' women like about a pickup man
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bad fan is also possable, but not generaly the case. On the resistor there is also a diode
that will cause probs and could toast the fan. checking the connections on power and
ground is also a good thing.

HAWG WILD
<font color=red> ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT NECESSARLY LOST </font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2000, 11:44 PM
sheesley

Try running a straigh jumper wire to you motor...direct to the battery,,,this will bypass all the resistor stuff and let your simply find out if your motor is bad, or your blower is clogged up with whatever.

CJ-7 10"lift

[img]C:\my documents\jeepprofile22.jpg[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode