back 6x9`s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

back 6x9`s

I have a lot of stereo equipment in my truck valued at a pretty penny, enough to say that just recently I insured my truck the stereo got the same treatment. and my question is to you guys out there is for the back speakers the 6x9 `s I recently bought 3 way 200 watt 6x9`s and they are too thick to fit in the factory face plate so I cant screw the 4 bolts on to the face plates because of the 3 way system. One time I was at a scrap yard and I found a blazer with speaker face plates that stood out about one inch; they were definitly not factory, but they were busted up.I already checked out crutchfield and they don`t have anything,so can anyone help

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: back 6x9`s

hey. i just got new speakers in my blazer and the 6X9's are 160w 3 way. i got them mainly because they would fit but they ended up drilling through the cloth part putting 4 screws through it. it pissed me off royally because it looks like $h(t. anywho the dude did tell me about an plastic extender that would do away with the ash trays. im thinkin i shoulda done that....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heya,

I gots the extended cab truck, and fit 6x9 boxes on the floor against the back of my front seats .. barely take up any room, and the sound just pounds off the back wall .. its great!

I also have removed my roof liner, and am working on building a new one outta fiberglass to hold some speakers, lights, etc in it. Its coming along, but very slowly .. I keep changing the design too often!

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2000, 07:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That would be great, I don`t mind getting rid of my ashtrays in the back, the one in the front is a change holder anyways , since i don`t smoke and neither does anybody in my truck i won`t mind at all. If you can remember the info that this guy told you write it up send it here I don`t care if I do have to order them from the U.S.A.

I`d rather push a Chev than drive a Ford
Hachey, 88 Blazer 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode