Largest tire on late models? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Largest tire on late models?

OK, I'm sure I could search through old posts to find the answer to this, but hey, I'm lazy! What's the largest tire I can fit on my 2wd '99 S-10 without serious rubbing problems? BTW, I'll use the stock rims. Thanks!

<font color=red>Evan</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Contagious Off-Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Largest tire on late models?

I know the newer 4x4 S-10s fit 30x9.5 tires w/o any rubbing, but I'm not sure if that's the same for 2wd.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 07:29 PM

You're largest tire on a 15" rim is most likely going to be a 23.5" (anyone want to verify that for me?). I don't know what the original size rim is on those trucks.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]- <font color=purple>J.R.</font color=purple> -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 30X9.50's on my 98 2WD Sonoma, they do rub but only on very hard turns.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2000, 03:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have both, a 1998 S10 Blazer, 2WD, 2DR and a 1998 S10 Truck, Std.Cab, 2WD. When I put a suspension lift on the Blazer, about 3.5", I clear 31x10.5x15's on the stock alloys(15x7). They only rub slightly if the wheels are turned and the suspension compresses. I only notice when turning into my driveway too fast. I took the stock tires from the Blazer, 235x70x15's, and put them on the Truck. The Truck had 205x75x15's on it stock with identical 15x7 alloy rims. No Problem at all with the 235's on the Truck, I haven't had them rub in any way. It's a good look for a non-lifted Truck, Well I think so anyway. A 235x70x15 is only about a 28x9.25x15, if that helps. Hope at least some of this helps.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]<font color=purple>THE COMMANDER</font color=purple>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode