Off Roading Forums banner

2WD Lift

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  J.R. 
G
#1 ·
Hey-

I am looking for a suspension/body lift for my 2WD, 91' S10 Blazer. I have been to Roughcountry's website but when I have called performance centers here about installing it, they have told me that it would ruin my alignment and that they were not quality lifts at all. They have offered Fabtech lifts but in all honesty, $950 for a 3 inch lift is not something I want to spend. Can you all help? I am doing this for just looks but I do not wanna screw up my car.

G
#2 ·
You have the ability to explore many different options with this project. I believe that the blazer has the same frame setup and rides on the same chassis as the S-10 or S-15. If it is the same chassis as the S-10 then you are in luck.

(1) one way to lift your truck, SUV is by adding 3 inch lift spindles. You can get high quality spindles from BullsEye. Fabtech sells these but you can get them at a better price from my friends down at Camburg Engineering. http://www.camburg.com They have a great system for S-10 and Blazer trucks. You might end up spending 650 at the least because the only way to lift your truck up besides the spindles is:
(2) by changing upper A-arms and adding a shock and spring. Call Camburg at 1-714-848-8880 they can help you out a lot.

The spindle kit costs $450.00 before tax and that is just for the front suspension. You will want to add a shackle and an ADD-A-LEAF for $100 total. So that way your kit will cost a total of $550.00 before tax. I believe that is your best way to go and it will add style as well as keping your truck in great shape. The best way to lift your truck is above, and it will not hurt or limit your regular driving.

Happy Pre-Running :)

< snoman13 >
'94 S-10
Camburg Long-Travel Kit: 6.5"
BFG AT Baja Cut: 33"
Front Fiberglass: Duffco Ent.
Rear Shackle/ADD-A-LEAF: Camburg Engineering
Cold Air Intake: Volant Manufacturing
Steering Wheel: Grant GT

2wd can wheel too!

G
#3 ·
Thanks a lot for your help but I have a few questions. I do not have the ability to put this additions onto my Blazer myself. also, will this give me enough clearence to fit larger tires on my blazer? I know I can get a 3" body lift installed for $650 but I was hoping to get a little larger look than that. Will this help me achieve that?

G
#4 ·
Hey snoman, what did that long travel kit cost you, and did you install it yourself? How hard was it, or how much did it cost to be installed? you think you could post a pic of your truck, or if not e-mail one to me. Check my profile fir the address, thanks.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.