Another Dodge tried to race me - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Lounge Chevy and GM general discussion, FAQs, OT questions and comments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 05:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another Dodge tried to race me

For the second time in two months, a newer fullsize dodge 4x4 pulled up next to me an wanted a stoplight drag race. I just laughed as I easily pulled away from him as I did to a similar dodge a few months earlier. Also that same night two mustangs in front of me were racing like idiots and they both got pulled over by one cop at the same time! It was very entertaining.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Another Dodge tried to race me

Rumor has it that Dodge is supposed to be offering a new 353 Hemi in the 2003 or 2004 full-size and Dakota trucks. That should be interesting.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:21 PM
deepnsteeP

I KNOW my dad's Dodge would waste my pickup. Course his is a 96 with a diesel and mine is awful high geared. Maybe if I had 3.73's.

If it hurts, soak it in cider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:37 PM

Make sure next time you race a Dodge its not a 5.9 R/T...I know a few people that have done a lot of stuff to them with awesome results...I've never seen a stock one yet....

90K5

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 05:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Those 5.9 R/T's are 2 wheel drives though. Geared quite differently than my boat puller 4 wheel drive. I'll offer a chance to run to those 4x4 guys but I usually don't fool with 2 wheel drives...well okay not true, I'll run with pretty much whoever wants some. Hey win some lose some, the only one vehicle I really had get away from me was a Phurd Triton V-8 2 wheel drive and that was only because my speed gov. kicked on at 100 to shut me down while he kept going. Damn speed sensors...gonna have to do something about that!

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom Alpine/JL Audio System w/ two 10" W6 subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode