Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-lounge/)
-   -   The loss of a great guy. (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-lounge/226234-loss-great-guy.html)

4x4mike 08-24-2007 01:53 PM

The loss of a great guy.

Don't know if it's gotten over here but here are the links.
RIP Jason (willyswanter).

2007 Build for Realz - Page 14 - GMfullsize Forums
Nor Cal Off Road :: View topic - Weird phone call
My Truck + Mogs = Build Time - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
What happened to willyswanter? Is it true? - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

There is a post regarding donations. The family doesn't want flowers and they say Jason wouldn't want them either.

AJMBLAZER 08-24-2007 05:46 PM

Why is it that I'm suddenly reminded of poo in the face and RJ's cartoons?:)

I sent an email to Shorts and Shaggy has been in contact with me. The guys on CK5 should have notified RJ by now.:(

AJMBLAZER 08-24-2007 06:00 PM

Shorts 08-24-2007 08:20 PM

As I told Andrew earlier in email, completely shocking news. He's one of those guys that you'd never expect to go. Heck, I'm sure if he knew he was on his way out he could fabricate a part for every piece of himself and live forever - he was that damn good.

Jason contributed a lot to the forum with his knowledge and friendliness. Very successful guy all around. He'll be missed, that's for sure.

http://www.industrialoffroad.com/gal..._001.sized.jpg

CodyZ71 08-24-2007 08:35 PM

I got news over on FSC.com .... I was completely shocked... I'm really sad.

rip bro... :( :(

Drey 08-25-2007 12:10 AM

Kinda sad it takes something like this to get me back here to ORC since I migrated over to CK5. Jason was a great guy who was always willing to answer a question in a pm or a thread even if it was just a small trivial thing.

The world we live in is just one notch lower without him around.

83GMCK2500 08-25-2007 03:18 PM

Holy hell, this is tragic. Drowned...damn-it. He was only like 4 months older than me, this is horrible.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

AJMBLAZER 08-25-2007 08:38 PM

Here's a quote that Jason's brother just posted on Colorado K5 - Full-Size GM 4x4 Restoration and Off Road Community :

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillysBro
Hey Guys, this is Jason's brother. On behalf of myself and my family we want you ALL to know that this is amazing. We all see what is going on here, and on all the other boards, and I want to tell you guys that we do cherish every kind word that is written. I can not believe how many people that he has touched. I want to thank you Esteban, never met you brother, but you have helped more than you can imagine. Well I came onto the boards to really find out what happenned, and couldn't believe what I found a group of "dirt guys" that have some of the biggest hearts in the WORLD! Goiing through the pictures is amazing! This is a side of his life that we only heard about....but it was his LIFE! We the family of Jason Payne thank you for everything said. Please paste this onto the other various boards that are in the group. It's appreciated. Ken Payne

4x4mike 08-26-2007 12:47 AM

I remember when I first stumbled onto this site. He had a 2wd pickup and wheeled that thing all over the place. I was jealous when he got that crew cab, look what that turned into. Jealous to say the least.

desertrat67 08-26-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4mike (Post 1512759)
I remember when I first stumbled onto this site. He had a 2wd pickup and wheeled that thing all over the place. I was jealous when he got that crew cab, look what that turned into. Jealous to say the least.

I remeber that old chevy with the baja claws he bitched about. Then the crewcab came and it was on from there. He was a great guy that will be missed by all who new him and even some that just knew of him.