Question: Mil Hummer electrical - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Hummer, Humvee and Hummer II Discussion of all things relating to the General Motors Hummer, Hummer II and Humvee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Pete

Question: Mil Hummer electrical

Maybe somebody can help me. Is there an auxiliary power outlet somewhere on the truck that provides 24V thru a large round 4-pin connector? A coworker is trying to put together a quote for a piece of equipment that connects to a "NATO power cable", which we heard was common among military vehicles. My main question is the available current from this connector. Is it fused, and if so, what is the type and rating of fuse? Any help you can give me would be great. Help make me a hero here at work! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Question: Mil Hummer electrical

I don't remember how it works, the fuses, number of pins, etc, but yes, there is the "Slave Connector" in the passenger foot well area. All military vehicles (HMMWV's to M1A2 Abrams) have them. 24 volt electrical system, so it should be a 24 volt connector.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Pete

Thanks, that's more info than I had. Anyone else have anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 05:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it depands on how old the equpiment is. also what type of truck it is used for. if it is for use for a hummer. you got to find the proper truck it worked with to make sure. you have all the wires you need. but it could also be a piece of equipment that was ran off a genartor. a nato power cable is basciclly a very large set of jummper cable. with both ends having a single prong in the center surround by a metel circle. its a 24v current. id ont think its fused. but on a base modle hmmve the is one base modle with a lage wire with a circle connetor with five holes the center one is for attaching wht wire. the others i dont know what they do. but it is not a nato power cable the four pin contector. hopes this helps let me know
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Pete

Sorry I'm so slow to respond, just got back from sledding in Canada.
The spec for the piece of equipment gave a part number for a military circular connector that had 4 positions(I'm at home right now and don't have the spec to look at) and said it was for use with a NATO power cable. No guarantee the guy writing the spec knew what he was talking about. You sat there is another connector with 5 positions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode