Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Hummer, Humvee and Hummer II (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-hummer-humvee-hummer-ii/)
-   -   Question: Mil Hummer electrical (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-hummer-humvee-hummer-ii/152898-question-mil-hummer-electrical.html)

Pete 02-03-2003 09:55 AM

Question: Mil Hummer electrical

Maybe somebody can help me. Is there an auxiliary power outlet somewhere on the truck that provides 24V thru a large round 4-pin connector? A coworker is trying to put together a quote for a piece of equipment that connects to a "NATO power cable", which we heard was common among military vehicles. My main question is the available current from this connector. Is it fused, and if so, what is the type and rating of fuse? Any help you can give me would be great. Help make me a hero here at work! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pete

AJMBLAZER 02-04-2003 11:41 PM

Re: Question: Mil Hummer electrical

I don't remember how it works, the fuses, number of pins, etc, but yes, there is the "Slave Connector" in the passenger foot well area. All military vehicles (HMMWV's to M1A2 Abrams) have them. 24 volt electrical system, so it should be a 24 volt connector.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Pete 02-06-2003 04:01 PM

Thanks, that's more info than I had. Anyone else have anything?

**DONOTDELETE** 02-17-2003 05:54 PM

it depands on how old the equpiment is. also what type of truck it is used for. if it is for use for a hummer. you got to find the proper truck it worked with to make sure. you have all the wires you need. but it could also be a piece of equipment that was ran off a genartor. a nato power cable is basciclly a very large set of jummper cable. with both ends having a single prong in the center surround by a metel circle. its a 24v current. id ont think its fused. but on a base modle hmmve the is one base modle with a lage wire with a circle connetor with five holes the center one is for attaching wht wire. the others i dont know what they do. but it is not a nato power cable the four pin contector. hopes this helps let me know

Pete 02-21-2003 06:07 PM

Sorry I'm so slow to respond, just got back from sledding in Canada.
The spec for the piece of equipment gave a part number for a military circular connector that had 4 positions(I'm at home right now and don't have the spec to look at) and said it was for use with a NATO power cable. No guarantee the guy writing the spec knew what he was talking about. You sat there is another connector with 5 positions?