New M151-LC Leaf Shackle design - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

New M151-LC Leaf Shackle design

This is a subject part I think everyone here will like.

I made these box shakles last summer but put them in a milk crate and forgot all about them, so they have been sitting in my driveway a little weathered and rusty.

I have been looking for these dang things all winter, tearing my hair out as I wanted to show them off.

That's OK that's what a wire drill brush is for.

Here is a picture of the M151A2-LC Prototype and if you look at the shakles they are similar, except instead of 3 inches long mine are 6 inches long and now box reinforced.

I did not like the wimpy design of two steel plates and two bolts.

No wonder this prototype rode so rough, not very strong and too much play in those shakles.

So I came up with a Boxed shakle design that is stronger and has less play between the bolts and still fits a set of leaf springs real nice too.

I did make one more Mod change, I did not like how they were squared off.

The original M151A2-LC parts were squared off as well as you can see in the picture.

So I had made them that way at first.

A snag on something like a rock or tree root, just a accident waiting to happen in my book!

So yes I rounded them, you can even see the marker lines where I went and cut the squared edges off.

Here is the new Modified M151-LC Leaf Spring shalkes as of today, before I re-sanded them primed and painted them.

The design changes were only for the better!

How do they look guys ???

I only wish I had a original part stock number so I could stamp it on the dang things with a A1 next to it or something...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode