Advice on 1st 4x4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Naft

Advice on 1st 4x4

I'm looking to get my first 4x4 rig. I'm going to use it for camping, skiing and a little mudding. My initial budget is around $1200 and I live in Oregon. I've seen quite a few Bronco's for sale in that range and would like some advice on good years and wether I ought to look for a fullsize Bronco or a Bronco II. This won't be a daily driver but I would like it to get reasonable gas mileage (around 16 city).

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Bamataco1

Re: Advice on 1st 4x4

Having just gone thru what you ate going thru right now I can only tell you what I did. And thats to look for the best possible vehicle. That is more economically better that to worry about gas mileage. A truck that is in good shape will save you more money in the long run than one that is suppose to get better gas mileage.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 PM

Re: Advice on 1st 4x4

Most CJs Broncos and other short wheelbase vehicles dont have much room for camping stuff, fiberglass tops are not the greatest for ski racks, the big K-5 blazers Jeep Wagonner full sixe Bronco have lots of room, but suck gas like it was still $.35 per gallon. Watch E-bay and forums like this and the Jeep forums. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode