Back from Vegas and Moab!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Back from Vegas and Moab!!

Well the family and I made it back from our walkabout. We had a wonderfull trip. We stopped at Moab the first night and I hooked up with 2 guys from Colorado who took me out in their TJ. It was amazing, the wheeling and the scenery, I had no idea what a beautiful place it was and as a kicker my new found friends allowed me to drive a bit. All I can say is holy sh#t. In my area of SD things are pretty flat and I had never experienced anything like Moab. We also went to Bryce Canyon in Utah and that was the prettiest area I've ever seen. When it came to Vegas it was a way too much fun. I went to the Holyfield-Toney fight and got to meet both fighters on the day of way in. We stayed at Mandalay Bay and the service and facilities are top notch. The Excursion preformed great and I could tell it wanted to try potato salad hill but maybe next trip. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I will have some good pics of said TJ in action as soon as I find the memory card, its in some suit case somewhere.

Who says X's get bad mileage!

Holy crap we're almost to Moab!

This is the river bottom at Moab and pretty much the extent of the the dirt the Excursion saw.

Buggies are everywhere in Utah, this is in Cedar City near Nevada. We saw trailer after trailer pulling competition buggies.

The boss and I at Bryce Canyon (thank god he looks like his mother huh!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 11:26 PM

Re: Back from Vegas and Moab!!

MobyG, you are a big man!

great pics.

When you met the fighters, did they flich when you tried to shake their hand?

Your Xcursion....I suspect you are shucking us....that shot was taken while coasting downhill.... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really took it easy on my hunting trip, and I managed apx. 14-14.5 highway, which had some good flat areas, but also lots of climbs/descents. If I was just on a highway flat excursion to get somewhere, I know I could still do 14.5-15.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
When you met the fighters, did they flich when you tried to shake their hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tell they were frightened inside but somehow they managed to keep it together. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
really took it easy on my hunting trip, and I managed apx. 14-14.5 highway

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow thats great mileage compared to mine, you need to stop by give me a juice super tune up.

Moab really got me excited, I'm trying to buy a nice gooseneck flatbed that is for sale locally but we can't get together on price yet. If that happens I will be trailering the scout and a friends early bronco out next month, we shall see. The pasture I normally play in just doesn't seem to fun anymore. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 07:54 AM

Dude I want pics from that memory card. And i said the same thing juice did...Damn hes a big guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode