Off Roading Forums banner

You might be a....

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BurnedBronco 
#1 ·
insane if you have this much crap laying around!!

so how many axle housings are pictured that are Not bolted to anything?

See less See more
#3 ·
Geez man....you need to clean up a little. Tell ya what. I'll get rid of the worthless Subaru axle for ya. Ya know...the one in front with the king pins and dually hubs

#4 ·
nah, that okay, ill keep my king pin suburu axle that is a single rear wheel axle...
you can have that d44 off to the left, or the d44 off to the rightif wanted, but the one to the right is gonna get dismantled part by part i tihnk ttill all thats left is two bare tubes.

#6 ·
haha, the 3 zuk axles, a 8.8, and a a ttb44, and a 9 inch are laying next to the front half of thebronco frame that cradles my spare engine and trans. thats in another building baout 20 min form the shop....
the rockwell is sitting out next to this shed till i get that one back toghether with its new detroit locker.

#7 ·
If yer gonna scrap the solid 44 housings, could you torch off the tubes inboard of the radius arm mounts and bring em' to Indy with ya?

#8 ·
yes, i could, but im only gonna scrap the one, but i was going to try to press of the C knuckles and the wedges. if it doesnt work, or even if it does work ill bring it with me. does it matter if i torch.grind the welds off?

#9 ·
I was looking for the wedges too. If you need em', don't worry bout it. I just figured if you were gonna scrap it, you could burn em' off....

#10 ·
no, if all you need is the wedges, you can have them.
im just gonna try removing the C's and the whoel wedge cast portion for th ehell of it to see how it is done and how hard it is to do.
im also going to try pressing out the tubes.

#11 ·
Cool, thanks. I'm kinda at a crossroads. Since I rolled the F350, I haven't been able to justify the expense and time to fix it, just to chance rolling it again. I have a lifted 78 that I could make a trail rig. I also have a 78/79 D60 that I would need to put in the front if I want to wheel it. That's why I need the wedges. I really don't want to chop up the 350 though. I've had it for 12 years. I'll have 2 79's at Indy. A stock one as my DD and one I haven't even seen yet LOL. I bought it off eBay cuz it was close to my sister in Ill. Now I get to pick it up and bring it to Indy, then back home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.