exhaust question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

exhaust question

hello all, I just got my hands on a 1975 ford 302 and I was wondering, if I bought block hugger headers, could I turn them upside down? or will the exhaust ports not match up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: exhaust question

The ports should still match up OK.

But, now, I have a question.......
What's the project you're working on that requires the headers to be mounted upside-down? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 03:42 PM

He's got a pretty bitchin Zuk site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 04:06 PM

my question is, why do you always say your zuk is on 39s when it is clearly on 38.5's?
we all know swampers dont go up in size, only down from the acual measurement...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

I apolgoize baout that burned bronco you have questionned that before on the zuk forum, I try to state you to you that the guy at the tire place which mounted them kept trying to tell me they were 39's because you round up a tire ( hence a 33" super swamper is also called a 34 because its overall diameter is 33.5), I really never checked up on the exact diameter of these 38.5's probably 38" not aired up? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

As for the project Im putting a 302 into my zuk with c4 tranny and dana20 t case, and when I test fitted it last night, the passenger side exhaust manifold was hitting the firewall which brought means of either drastically cutting the firewall or keeping things simple and getting block hugger headers, I havent made up my mind on whether for sure I was turnning them upside down, I only asked on merely the thought of them not fitting when there turned downwards, but everyone wants me to have the exhaust comming out of the hood now with flame throwers [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also, thanks for the compliment on my website...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 06:38 PM

Sounds like a very cool sammy, it would be very entertaining to see a sammy with a fire snorting 302 under the hood! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

lol lets hope, lord knows its gonna be an involved project in itself, but it all pays off the first trip around the block [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I have put a 305 chevy racing motor in an old one but ran into problems, believe it or not the ford set up seemed to all fall together perfectly after a little researching, so here I am with a free 302 and c4 I got from a friend and a dream [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 08:02 PM

Keep us posted. I'd like to see the pics when you are done. What transfer case/s are you using with the 302/C4 combo?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

well I have a transmission and transfer case already lined up for this setup, a friend of a friend has found a guy with a rebuilt transmission and transfer case out of a 69 bronco ( c4 with d20 mated), and I had to go for the old bronco style transfer case because I needed the front output shaft to be on the passenger side ( to match toyota front), and Im going to pick that up sometime over the weekend, after we mount the engine we have to slide in the baby cam, throw on the refurbished heads and adapt the 125 wetshot, should be fun and turn out interesting, I will keep you posted and my website updated with the latest info and pics...thanks for the exhaust info...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 10:16 AM

His site looked good until the GATOR popup tried to get me. Killed the site and won't go back. I know it isn't his fault but I still hate the GATOR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode